CHRISTMAS JUST AIN'T CHRISTMAS | dorbyn

requested : highlikeyou-

WHITE CHRISTMAS !
dorbyn

IN WHICH !
daniel tries his best to make corbyn smile ; angsty fluff 

SONG !
christmas just ain't christmas without the one you love - the o'jays

corbyn's eyes slipped shut, wiping away the tears that managed to cascade down his cheeks. the boy pulled daniel's sweatshirt over his finger tips, clutching his knees closer to his body as he opened up his laptop, watching as his lock screen lit up, his favorite picture displayed on the screen.

the boy vividly remembered the day they took that picture, it was the first christmas the brunette got to spend at home since tour started. it was supposed to be a formal picture, a cliché pose; his siblings sat around him on a long red couch, their parents stood behind them, happy smiles plastered on their faces as their hands rested on jordan and ashley's shoulders.

however, his family wasn't inclined to be 'formal'. they weren't preppy or stuck up, they liked to have fun, they relished in the comfort that only the lively laughter that one another brought. and as the photographer started counting down, a smile stretched across sasika and ray's face, the two let their fingers glide across the necks of their children, eliciting giggles out of all of their kids as they each went for their siblings rib's to attack as well.

the photographer, having had taken pictures for the besson family for as long as they could remember, was quick to capture the image. the family being captured with large smiles on their faces, ashley leaning on corbyn's shoulder, the then blonde, drawing up his legs to defend his middle as he reached for his brother, the blonde blocking the former's attempts.

a sad laugh bubbled out of corbyn's throat as he let his hand tenderly slide across his screen. being all grown up was fun, it was, but the brunette was a mama's boy, he loved playing catch with his dad, chasing his siblings around the house. being away from them was draining, he wasn't used to spending christmas away from his family, wasn't used to not being able to pad downstairs whenever he wanted and accept a warm hug from his mom, to waking up in the morning to his dad's cooking, the aroma itself making the boy quickly hop out of bed and race down the stairs.

the boy wrapped an arm his legs, clutching them closer towards his body. he didn't want to spend his favorite holiday crying over his family because he was too dependent on them to be alone, but that's all he felt like doing.

the brunette's sweater paws quickly came up to wipe at the tears still streaming down his face, covering his face with his hands as the door to his room slowly pushed in. daniel's head peeked in the room, obviously looking for the brunette when he caught sight of the distressed boy, hiding his face.