We Have a Deal

"God Sabrina where the hell are you?" Damon said into the phone.

"I'm on my way back to the house." I said still shaken from what everything that just happened.

"Why can't you just follow one piece of advice I had for you? Stay in the house. That's all you had to do an-" I cut him off.

"Damon I'm fine and I'm on my way so calm down." I could almost feel his anger bottling up. Silence filled the call.

"Hello?" I said

"Whatever just get here now." He said through what sounded like gritted teeth. The sound of the phone disconnecting replaced Damon's voice. I sighed and shoved it in my pocket.

Now I could really take the time to process what happened.

The guy had barely touched my fingertip but his pain, magic, or something overcame me. Whatever happened, I narrowed one thing down.

The pain I was feeling wasn't caused by him. Or at least not in the way you would think.

Bringing back up siphoners like Damon mentioned earlier, they have to physically choose to draw magic from a source. Therefore this guy may have been able to feel my magic but there was no way he knew that paper was going to fall out of his pocket.

Also, I saw and heard things along with the pain. Meaning he definitely wasn't siphoning me. I've been siphoned before and it sucks. However the pain is just that. Pain. Nothing else except every nerve in your body burns.

Which lead me to the conclusion that I was seeing his pain and/or emotions. Now why his emotions and mind were like this I don't know.

My mind ping ponged from idea to idea. Before I knew it I was back at the house. I reached the door taking a faint millisecond to push away the event of this afternoon and focus on getting chewed out by my brothers. It wasn't the ideal distraction I was looking for but it did the trick.

"Seriously Sabrina?" Damon said completely pissed.

"You should've stayed here." Stefan said calmly compared to Damon.

"Yeah no kidding." Damon replied looking at Stefan almost yelling.

"I didn't go anywhere." I mumbled.

"It doesn't matter Sabrina. If someone figures out what you can do we are screwed. Especially that physco running loose." Damon remarked.

Wait? The Salvatore brothers had let a killer get away? That's a surprise. I figured this 'Kai' dude would be dead in a ditch by now.

"You mean you didn't kill him?" I said which made them turn their heads.

I wasn't one to encourage violence but if it came to it, then violence was the only answer in this situation.

"Nope. Unfortunately we can't find the little sneak. Elena and Caroline are trying to get some answers out of Liv Parker but she doesn't seem to want anything to do with her brother. Which I don't blame her. He is awful and MIA. Actually maybe you could help with that..." Damon trailed off looking up at me.

"How so?"

"Could you perhaps perform a little witchy locator spell?" He said moving his fingers mocking a motion.

"Sure. I don't see why not." I replied hoping this would help ease the anger he had at me for leaving earlier.

••••