8: hangovers

Saturday.

I woke up from a head splitting headache and flooded messages from Chae asking me "What the fuck went through your mind last night that you decided to drink that much and have the audacity to pass out like a dead goldfish infront of me???"

Bitch I died. I died. My dignity died.

I threw my phone on the other side if the bed and held my head, trying to nurse the hammering pain whacking every inch of my brain. Memories from last night slowly flashed back into my mind. Bar... Ryujin.. kiss... kiss!

The kiss.

Images slowly started to unwrap themselves and flash before my eyes. I can't remember anything but the kiss. The kiss was still clear. I really wish it wasn't tho.

Did... I really want more? I mean, did I really want it? She didn't push me to do it, I was the one who had the freaking guts to push the kiss saying "then do it" without hesitation. And after we pulled away? Did I? What does the kiss make us? And Lia— oh my God, Lia. Lia didn't even cross my mind last night. Oh shit. Im so screwed.

I groaned. The pain pounding my head was the worst, and it's still early in the morning. The memories just made my head hurt more. And more.

Deciding that beating myself up about it wouldn't do me any good, I cleaned myself up and refreshed my mind with some food. There is no way in hell that I'm gonna stay like this, still in my clothes from last night that reek of alcohol and other nasty smell.

After a good bath and some hangover medicine, I plopped myself down on the soft sheets of the matress face first and let out a deep sigh. I plopped over and stared at the ceiling, trying my best to think straight (tho I am obviously not) but still failed to gather my thoughts.

If I really wanted more of that kiss, then what happens to Lia?

She's already your ex.

And what's with me and Ryujin?

You're just friends.

Friends? Friends don't do what we did last night.

You were drunk.

I was.

Did you really want more of it?

Well—

My thoughts and debate with myself were cut off when my phone started to buzz on the other side of the bed where I threw it a few moments ago. Trying my best to reach it without moving from my spot, my heart almost dropped as I saw the caller ID flashing on the screen.

"H-hey." I greeted.

"Uh-uhm yeah, hi..." Ryujin trailed off.

"Why.. why are you calling?"

Silence. She wasn't speaking at all, though I can hear her breaths from the other end of the call.

"Hello? Ryujin?"

"PLEASEGOTOTHEAMUSEMENTPARKWITHME!" Ryujin said in one breath. I couldn't even make out anything from what she said.

"What?"

There was a sigh at the other line. "I.. Yeji, go to the amusement park with me later this afternoon. Please?" She said, slower and definitely calmer from her first attempt.

"I can't." I swallowed the lump forming on my throat. If lying is the only way to save my remaining dignity then so be it. And of course! I really don't want to! Everything would just be so so awkward!

"Why?"

"I still have the hangover from last night." I reasoned out. Well, it's true anyways.

"From the alcohol or from my kiss?"