Moment of hope

I hugged my knees tightly and watched the doorway nervously, one thing I can tell for sure is that demons spend time around here. There's no other reason I'd be left alone like this.

The door opened causing me to freeze, I held my breath and watched one of the werewolf like demons walk inside and head into a different room. I released my breath, feeling my heart hammering against my chest.

I switched my gaze between the door and other room, unsure which one a new demon will come from. The collar feeling more and more constricting as I slowly let fear eat away at me.

The werewolf demon reappeared, it sat on the couch and turned on the television. I stared up at it before glancing at the TV, the bright screen revealed a very new setting. Demons sat around a round table and seemed to be discussing something, it was bizarre to see them be semi mundane.

I flinched as something touched my head, I quickly looked up and watched the demon nervously, it's fingers calmly stroking through my hair. I trembled and took deep breaths, willing myself to calm down so that I could think clearly for once.

I glanced at the demon who wasn't even looking at me, it continued staring at the screen. I took a quiet deep breath and slowly relaxed into the sensation of fingers massaging my scalp.

Sleep slowly fogged my anxious mind as I let myself relax. What could be a moment of poor judgement was surprisingly pleasant.

I was jolted from my sleepy haze by a weird grumbling sound coming from the demon. I nervously watched it as it seemed to speak to itself as it watched the TV.

It reminded me of the time before the demons, where I would talk to the characters, whether I was yelling at the TV or crying for a character not to die. The memory hurt my heart as I hugged my knees even tighter to my chest.

I'm just a human. At the mercy of demons. I can only hope my death will be quick, preferably when I'm asleep and without being abused.

Before I could fall back into thoughts of my fate, I was distracted by the strange grumbling of the demon. It had started speaking louder, seeming invested in what the other demons on the screen were saying.

I think I'll refer to this one as Wolf, it's wolfish face having a distinct and strange black stripe along the snout.

I glanced away from Wolf and looked at the TV, the table of demons was turning aggressive. One of the horned demons was speaking loudly and angered a cat faced demon, the scene was quickly going from civil to terrifying as they beefed up to each other.

A terrified gasp escaped me as the cat faced demon grabbed the horned ones horn and snapped it off. Red blood leaked from the horn as I trembled in newfound terror, the demon roared in pain while the other was quickly restrained then.... Blackness... The television had been turned off.

Wolf was watching me with it's sharp eyes. I shook in terror, worried that it could and would break my fragile body with ease. It moved it's lean body off of the couch and in front of me.

I flinched and waited nervously as it's strong hands stroked along my body, carefully petting along my back and chest before hoisting my body upwards. I whimpered and stiffened my body, unwilling to move in case I angered them.

My body was softly set into their lap and my front was pressed against it's chest as it stroked along my back. I slowly began to cry, the action was nearly human and reminded me once more of what once was. Just a child and her family, who would hug her after a break up or funeral.

My shaking barely subsided as I now clung to Wolf, it's presence should not be so gentle and calming. Yet it was and I like a fool took temporary refuge in it's arms.

Demon's are terrifying, as I don't know what they are planning. For all I know this hug is a distraction as it decides what part of me it wants to eat first. Or it could be hugging me, like a pet.

No! I have to stop giving myself false hope.

I slowly gave up the mental battle as the touch continued to be gentle and calming, exhaustion once again fogging my mind. All the restless sleep and fear had completely left my body without energy to even stay awake in the face of danger.

My body remained shivering as I slouched against Wolf, my body heavy and sleep deprived. My heavy head unable to grip a thought as my eyes begged to close indefinitely.

I whimpered softly once more before darkness consumed me.

I was jolted awake by something poking sharply against my arm. I opened my eyes to slowly register the demon staring at me. I scrambled into a sitting position, my breathing quick and terrified.

It was the male demon, he watched me, somehow not growling at me this time. He picked me off of the pet bed I had been in and sat me on his lap.

I glanced up at him, my eyes wide and breathing wild. He rested his whole palm on my head and sniffed me, I squeaked in surprise and cringed away.

He let out a terrifying noise in response to my reaction which made me fall silent and shake.

He paused and ran his thumb against the back of my head. Beginning to chirp softly once more, he then pressed a piece of cooked meat against my lips. I shakily opened up and let him push the small morsel into my mouth, my hungry gut craving food while my dry and dehydrated throat dreading the feeling of me swallowing.

It took several pieces before a cough forced itself out of my mouth, soon sending me into a dry coughing fit. I mentally begged my body to stop as strained tears rolled down my cheeks. He began stroking my back and placed me back on the pet bed.

I coughed painfully as he walked away, soon returning with a dog bowl filled with water. He placed it by the bed and motioned to it, I quickly pressed my head into the bowl and sucked up the water. Forgetting all sense of dignity, the water cool and refreshing down my throat and against my forehead which had been covered in dry sweat.

I pulled my head away and sat flustered on the bed, he watched me seemingly with curiosity before picking me back up. I whined at the speed of my ascension, he carried me to strange new room. A gated in tub with sponges and bottles lining a shelf.

Another bath didn't seem so bad, the dry sweat was causing my body to feel sticky and gross. Yet being bathed by someone else, especially a violent demon, was far to intimate and vulnerable for my liking.

I stayed still as he sat me in the tub and locked the gate. He grabbed a hose and I closed my eyes, waiting tensely for cold water to hit me.

I winced as water began trickling over my head I peaked upwards, the cool water surprisingly pleasant against my sweaty body. He chirped some more as he gently soaked my body in water.

The sponge was soon brought out and sweet smelling stuff was coated over my body. He scrubbed me roughly, momentarily losing any gentleness as I silently endured the rough scrubbing. I relaxed at he stopped and began washing off the soap.

Once I was completely cleaned he unlocked the gate and lifted me out with a towel. I was sat on a high table as he began licking me once more. I cringed and whined, uncomfortable with how intimate he got in his pursuit to remove all water from my body.

He set me back on the bed and left a pile of cooked meat in a different bowl. I carefully ate and watched him walk away.

Maybe..... Maybe I actually am his pet.

🌺 Question: do you guys think I should show grooming scenes? As she'll be very confused and stressed about possibly being 'raped' by the demon as the demons grooming is unknown to her and she's grown up knowing that when people lick near and on privates it means sex. So I don't know if people would be interested in that aspect of her learning as it can sound sexual, unless you're aware of the demon's affectionate grooming behaviour🌺