Her.

How do you know that you're not betraying yourself with a manifestation of confusion and uneasiness? All her life, she was never given reciprocated love from either of her parents so how could she possibly know now, as a 22 year old adult, what are real or simply misguided feelings. She is so used to using logic over emotions because feelings can betray oneself-yet now she finds herself hopelessly lost when it comes to recognizing what she feels. She is not particularly good at any hobby or skill, and nothing stands out physically-she is just your less than average woman. The only companion she ever had stick around for long, are her pets. To drown out her constant confusion and the world-she reads love stories. Stories touch her true feelings in a way she never knew could exist-it truly is the ultimate escape for her. By reading a story you are able to envision yourself somewhere you actually want to be. Some would even say it provides a dream like sensation. Searching far and wide for insight on what is love, she just continues to fall into the abyss of uncertainty. Never having a single person in her life to lean on certainly took a toll on who she is now as an adult. It is too cold of a world out here to face it alone. Surely if she were more invested in her independence, she possibly would have a different mental outcome but unfortunately-this is not the case. Time after time, never knowing what to believe she often found herself being involved with men whom she had no longing desire for. It was the idea of having the perfect significant other being there for her, or perhaps finding the one person who her soul would be able to intertwine with. Where is he? Why has he not found her yet? Perhaps she already has crossed paths but was simply too lost to recognize his relevance. Causing pain to others was the last thing she ever wanted to do- yet it keeps occurring no matter how hard she tries to deviate from that result. This is most likely the cause as to why she is so lonely, as an effect of her foolish actions she has be cast aside by her true soulmate. Feeling hopelessly lost, she begins to try things out of her comfort zone in order to see if she can become the person she always envisioned herself to be. The woman I write of is named Kristine and this is her journey to acceptance.