The Unexpected Visitor

I walked through my front door, immediately greeted by my black Persian cat I lovingly named Tonks after one of my favorite book characters. 

I found her outside of the small coffee shop I work at when she was just a kitten, and knew I had to take her home. 

She's grown rather plump now, a drastic change from when I found her. 

She looks up at me expectantly with her bright green eyes as she weaves around my feet.  She knows that treats are in store as soon as I get home.

I toss my belongings haphazardly on the catch-all table next to me and shrug my coat off my shoulders, draping it over a chair. 

The relief of finally being home washes over me, sending a peace through my veins that settles into my bones. 

It had been a rough shift at work and I was exhausted. 

Baristas don't get paid enough for some of the customers we have to deal with, especially around the holidays. 

I kick off my scuffed up, black converse and make my way into the living room.

I throw my tired body onto my well-loved, worn leather couch and let out a content sigh. 

I found this couch on the side of the road in one of the many towns in which I've lived. 

One could say it was love at first sight.  It's so old that eventually it just envelops you, inviting you in like a warm hug. 

The leather has lost all elasticity, feeling more like suede than stiff leather. 

The more worn it gets, the more comfortable it becomes.  That's why I love it so much.

Grabbing the TV remote, I settle into a more comfortable position and start flipping through my movie library. 

I finally decide on some random rom-com a friend had recommended that I hadn't had a chance to watch yet. 

Tonks jumps up next to me, curling her warm body against my side. 

Just as the movie was starting, my obnoxious doorbell rings through the house. 

Rolling my eyes, I jolt up with a little more attitude than maybe deserved and barreled towards the door. 

Whoever was on the other side better have a good reason for being there.

Flinging it open, nothing could've prepared meet for who was standing on the other side. 

Before I had time to even react, the bleached blonde, tall boy yells out with a frantic wave of his hands,

"Don't freak out!  I was told I could find you here.  I know how your story ends and I'm here to change it!"

"Draco Malfoy?"