I am here child

Henry had always been a bright kid, even when he was just a toddler he always seemed to get things faster than any of the other children his age. The first few weeks after Regina brought him home he was an angelic little thing, so fragile he seemed, Regina was almost too afraid to leave him out of her sight, she would always just carry him around in her arms all day. She did not quite know if she was caught out to be a mother, she had her doubts, and somehow Henry sensed her fear and would instantly turn restless. Regina did not understand what she was doing wrong, and this only lead to her doubting herself even more, so much so she went to see the doctor who was just as oblivious as everyone else to his true identity, to see if there was anything medical that was causing the problem. Regina fought many battles within herself while raising Henry, she fought her own demons and her own regret, and she vowed to never let Henry suffer the way she had. 

Now ten years later Henry had become everything his mother had ever hoped for him, and she could not be more proud even if she tried. He is excellent in school, she had instilled a good work ethic in him from a very young age and now his grades are the best in town, and on top of that he is a good kid, he sees the good in people, Regina cant for the life of her understand where he has that from, she certainly does not see the good in this world, not the way Henry does. She likes to believe that somehow that part came from her father, sometimes he reminds her too much of him, and it brings back both wanted and unwanted memories. 

Henry never ceases to surprise his mother and today was no different. Henry had come home from school with somewhat of an attitude, Regina had noticed immediately in the car on their way home that something was wrong. She decided that she would wait to say anything before they got home. The minute she parked in the driveway however Henry had bolted out of the car and ran inside and locked himself away in his room. 

Regina had struggled in these kind of situations, she never really knew how to approach him when he was upset. She always struggled with expressing emotion no less dealing with other peoples feelings, thanks to her dear old mother this was something she had to suffer. But she would never let Henry be alone, she would always let him know that she was there if he needed her, even if she struggled to find words that would help comfort him sometimes. 

This however seemed bigger, like there is more to it then just a bad grade or some fight with one of the other kids at school, so Regina did not waste a minute before she walked upstairs to Henrys room. 

Henry was laying on his bed with a comic shoved in his face, he had tears running down his cheeks, he had tried to hold them in but to no avail. He had instead decided to ignore them and try and distract himself with a comic book, this week he was reading the first hulk edition. after a few minutes however he heard a knock on his door followed by his mothers voice calling out to him. 

"Henry can I  come in please?" 

Henry felt bad for ignoring his mother on the car ride home, but he just did not feel like talking. His mother had tried to converse with him about his day, but he completely blew her off, and really he did not know what he wanted from her, did he want comfort or did he want her to leave him alone, he could not tell. she calls out for him again and he realizes that he has been staring at his wall for the past minute. 

"yeah come in" 

Regina hears a faint voice answer that its okay to come in, she had to strain her ears to hear him, but she did, she always hears him, even when he thinks she does not . She slowly opens the door to find him on the bed hiding behind another one of his comic books. He had always loved those ever since he could first read, but this week he had kept away from them a bit, yes something was clearly not right with her boy. she sits down just on the edge of the bed and grabs a hold of his ankle, as she gives it a squeeze he looks up from his book, and what she sees really unsettles her. Henry had been acting distant this whole week but today it had reached its peak it seems, and the look in his eye is devastating. He has clearly been crying as his eyes are red rimmed and his cheeks are filled with drying tears.