Chapter Seven

Rae smiled at the blue car she could see from the couch. "Oh!" Roman laughed. "Really? Where'd you get that from? Papa Smurf?"

"Okay, O'Conner. Give it your best shot." Dom told Brian. The rest of them watched as he swung the blue car around the corner. Rae knew her brother was a good driver, he always had been, so she wasn't surprised as she watched him make every turn before skidding to a stop in front of them.

"How was that one?" He asked as he climbed out of the car.

"Camera caught you." Han answered. This information, though, had surprised her.

"What?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, it still caught you." Han told him.

"Man, I was milking the hell out of that thing too." Brian admitted, walking up the stairs.

"We're gonna need a faster car." Dom announced.

"Faster?" Rae asked.

Regan smiled as she watched Tej try. She went after Roman, trying her damn best.

"Come on, baby." She mumbled, shifting the gear again.

"Damn." Roman mumbled under his breath as he watched her.

"For once that big mouth of yours is right." Tej replied. She switched petals, taking the curve as best as she could before drifting to a stop.

"How'd I do?" She asked, climbing out of the car.

"Like an O'Conner." Dom answered, looking down at her.

"And like an O'Conner, the camera caught you." Brian added, a smile on his face.

"Well, shit." Rae replied. "But was it better than Brian?"

Brian laughed at his sister, Dom looking over at him with an eyebrow raised. "Yeah." Dom answered. "Better than the buster." Brian pretended to look hurt as Rae smiled, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Don't forget who taught you everything you know." Brian raised an eyebrow at her.

"Student becomes the master, brother."

The team made their way to the big ass box placed in front of them. Brian and Han hauled away the big piece of wood as Santos had finished unscrewing it. "That's the piggy bank you ordered?" He asked.

"You're kidding me." Tej replied. "Where in the hell did y'all get one of these?"

"Well, we had a life before you met us." Han answered.

"Alright, well, I'll get to work on the electronic tumbler, but there's still another problem." Tej told them.

"Palm scanner." Rae finished.

"Without Reyes's handprint, Houdini himself couldn't open this bitch." Tej said.

"How you know it's Reyes's handprint?" Leo asked.

"You got a hundred million dollars in this safe, you gonna put somebody else's handprint on it?" Tej asked. Leo and Santos began to bicker, half in Spanish.

"How we supposed to get Reyes's handprint?" Roman asked.

"There are ways around the handprint." Rae answered.

"Han, you're up." Dom announced.

"Sure." Han replied. "Nothing like the easy stuff."

"Let's go." Gisele told him. "I'll drive." Rae caught Dom's smirk, mimicking the facial expression.

Regan watched Tej, joking and smiling with him as he worked to figure out the vault.

"We're gonna figure this out, I promise you." Rae heard Roman saying.