❦ Chapter 1 ❦

Hey guys! At the beginning of each chapter, I will have a dictionary of foreign words used in the chapter by each character. Most will be french due to Simone. But, Please! Do enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment or vote!! <3 

irrésistible = irresistible

l'amour = love

petit déjeuner = breakfest

loups = wolves

lourdaud = oaf

mon amour = my love

l'autre moitié = other half

appeler le plombier = call the plumber

"Ms. Carter, your father wishes to see you."

"Yes of course Dina, may I ask what for?"

"Um, he didn't encompass any uh-, details, Ms. Carter." I sighed, waving her away from my office door as I finished off signing on a random document.

The trip from my office to the elevator wasn't long, my assistant following closely behind me with stacks on top of stacks of documents. She kept rambling on about a meeting I had tomorrow with a few of the company's assets, the repetitive reminder becoming white noise to my ears.

"Dina, please have my lunch with Mr. Daniels today canceled. While you're at it, clear the rest of my day, I'm going to be busy." Dina nodded at me, running off to her desk which was placed right outside my office door.

I slid my card into a chip reader, the elevator granting me access before I pressed the button that led to my father's floor. My heels clicked obnoxiously against the marble flooring, the few employees on the floor letting their eyes trail my every move.

"Amara, please sit," My legs crossed atop each other as I followed my father's command, " in two weeks, I'm to be on a plane headed to Moscow."

"What for father?" I questioned, Moscow being out of the ordinary for our company.

"Well, for business my love. Once I leave, I need you to stay here and run things. Can you do that?" He tilted his head with the question, my nerves spiking under his harsh glare.

"Yes, of course." I nodded with reassurance, my hands clamped tightly together in my lap. Nerves plowing through my body full force.

"Good," he paused before his next sentence, examining my body language, " this means that you will be handling our business with the Bresciani's, can you do that as well, daughter?" I gulped heavily at his statement, my skin crawling at the name.