Another Riddle Chapter 8

I sighed, as I put on my new Slytherin robes. I knew that I should still keep an open mind but it's just hard right now. I was grateful that my friends didn't yell at me when I told them in fact, they were sympathetic, understanding really. The only thing that I worried about was the fact that I had meet and first handily, talked to some of the slimy git's, I just knew that I would be different. At least I hoped so. I should stop thinking like that, I was sorted into Gryffindor, ok kind of sorted into Gryffindor, that counts for something right?

I was glad that I had made such good friends in Gryffindor. When I first told them that I was going to be in Slytherin for a week, they thought that I was joking. After they stopped laughing, 23 minutes latter, I, was not laughing, of course, I was looking at my shoes feeling guilty keeping them from this for a while. 

"Oh, so your not joking," Angelina started slowly, "I thought that this was just something that the twins put you up to. You know, as a prank."  True I had done a lot of pranks, plus I never got caught.... yet. But those are stories for another time.

"I'm not joking." I said looking each of them in the eyes.

"So when George and Fred apologized, they did it because they knew." I nodded. "So how long exactly will you be in Slytherin."

"Two weeks, then I make my choice." I took in a breath, "After spending two weeks in both houses I will be able to make my choice so I can say what house I will be in. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. But to try to make this a fair vote could you please try not to influence my decision at all. I need to make it almost judgement free like a first year would who never has been to Hogwarts would. I hope that  you can understand that."

"Of course we can right guys?" Angelina asked, the girls.

"Of course." 

"Right behind you." Leah finished. I sighed in relief. "Thanks, really, thank you all." I told them as I walked out of the common room and to the great hall to sit at the Slytherin Table for the first time. I got some looks of astonishment and some of approval and others of distrust as I walked through the halls as the fist day being a Slytherin student. 

"What are you doing in Slytherin robes?" I turned and saw Draco Malfoy.

"Obviously, I'm a Slytherin. That's what you do with Slytherin robes, right. Wear them when your in Slytherin." Really how thick could one guy get? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that he doesn't know yet but some people are stupidly annoying.

"No, yesterday you were a Gryffindor. And Gryffindors don't where Slytherin robes unless your doing a prank." 

"Draco," I started as if speaking to an impatient 3 year old, "You have verry good detective skills. Yesterday I was a Gryffindor and thanks to Professor Snape I am now a Slythein for the next week. And I suggest, "my voice becoming more like silk then before," that you stay away from me before I curse you into next year.us Trust me I have cursed someone so bad that they ended up in St. Mungos and they still don't know whats wrong with him yet. And to put the cherry on top that was the second week of my fist year. Mind you, the person in St. Mungos was in there seventh." I finished in a deadly threatening tone, much to the likeness of Snape's. With his face already as pale as a ghost if that was possible even more pale now then before, I sharply turned on my heels, and skipped off into the Great hall my cloak trailing behind me.

"Here is your new time table, Ms. Riddle." Snape said, as he passed me on his way to the Professors table. "They are still the same classes just at different times some of them. Granted your classes that you previously had with the Gryffindors and Slytherins will still be the same."

"Thank you, Professor!" I shouted as he flew past. I recived a few odd glances at that, minus the ones for wearing a Slytherin robe and sitting at the Slytherin Table. "Nothing to see here go back to your breakfast!" Slowly the odd glances started to die down.