052

I spent the night at the hospital. I didn't want to leave Steve's side at all. Dallas and the gang were in the room. We haven't told Sodapop. We figured he and Meredith didn't need that amount of stress. Until we knew Steve was out of danger for sure.

They all brought me food but I couldn't stand to even look at the food. Let alone take a bite. I sighed. Desperately. There were no new changes with Steve. I never felt a connection with god. I wasn't so religious. I never went to church. But somehow I felt the need to talk to god. And I felt selfish. I mean. How am I gonna start believing in him now that I need something from him?

I cried and began whispering.

"Oh god. Dear god. Please save him. Please heal him. Bring him back to me. I need him. He's given me so much life, so much happiness and he deserves to live. He deserves to be here with me. He's done so much for the world. And I need him now more than ever. He's my strength when I feel weakness. My light in the darkness. My hope in the I feel lost. He is my other half. So many people are here to wait for him to get better so please god. Save him. Save his soul and please bring him safely to me." I cried. I kissed Steve's hand. And I shuddered. I felt a cold breeze of air randomly. Rushing up my spine.

Dallas came up to me.

"Come on let's got take a walk. He'll be okay. The whole gang is here and will make sure nothing happens to him. Okay." He said. I looked up at him and nodded. I stood up slowly. My fragile body shaking. I grabbed his hand and we walked outside. It was sunny.

"It's funny isn't it? A few hours ago it was pouring rain. If only the weather changed this fast yesterday." I said. Dallas stared at me.

"I remember when I lost my mom. I was nine. She died in a car crash. Only she died that same day. Steve has a really good chance of survival Elena. God can see that. And he will save him." I stared at him.

"I didn't know you believed in god." I said.

"We all do. It's only that I believe in him when I'm the most miserable. You know how it was when Johnny died. If you hadn't been there I would be dead too. But the thing is, we all turn to him when we feel the most lost. And that's not a bad thing. He's happy to help. He's glad to help." He said. I stared at him.

"I didn't know you were a softy winston." I said.

"The past sixteen years I've made mistakes. I can't bare to loose you or Ponyboy or anyone in the gang for my stupid mistakes anymore. I never cared about life. But I have to start caring. Otherwise I'll Never be happy." I smiled at him and hugged him.

"You winston. Are amazing." I said.

"Hey, at least you know how I truly feel. The world sees me as a miserable hood. I can't change that." He said coldly. I wiped my tears and we both walked into the hospital. At the end of the hallway we saw nurses rushing into a room. The gang walked out. I stared at Dallas and began running into Steve's room.

I saw nurses on top of him. I looked at his vitals and saw the flat line as I heard the flat line. I fell to the ground on my knees. "No Steve!" I yelled crying. "NO!" I yelled again. I felt someone pick me up. It was Dallas. He picked me up so fragile. As if he were afraid that if he moved me he would break me. I cried.

"Shhh" he whispered.

"He's gonna be okay. I promise. Let's just go out here and wait okay?" He kissed my forehead.

As we walked away from the room. I heard a faint beep. Growing fainter and fainter as we walked away.