Will you be my player two?

Recap : Natasha & you were arguing... Just then Ajey came.

Ajey : What the fuck is going on here?
Y/N : (Ajey?!)
Natasha : Ajey! You're just in time! This bitch -
Ajey : That's enough.
Ajey's expression softens when he looks at you. In the midst of all the chaos, it seems he only has eyes for you.
Mayuri : What are you doing here, bro?
Natasha clings onto Ajey's arm and press herself up against him. Ajey unwillingly peels his eyes away from you and grits his teeth.
Natasha : We were supposed to have our dinner date here. So... Y/N, would you like to join us?
Ajey : Natasha...
Ajey frowns and turns to look at you, but you are too shocked to reply.
Y/N : (Dinner date? He's actually dating her now?) I've to use the washroom.
You find an excuse to leave the table. You splash some cold water onto your face.
Y/N : (I'm tired of this.)
You jump a little when you hear a knock on the door.
Ajey : Y/N?
Y/N : What are you doing here?
Ajey : May I come in?
Y/N : It's the girl's restroom!
Ajey : Is there anyone else inside?
Y/N : Well, no, but -
Ajey : I'm coming in -
Y/N : What I was expecting? The Nagar siblings never take 'no' for an answer.
You feel your heart racing as Ajey locks the door behind him.
Ajey : We need to talk.
Y/N : You're on a date with Natasha right now. What's there to talk about?
Ajey's eyes are burning daggers at you.
Ajey : Don't test my patience, Y/N. I'm trying to have a proper conversation with you.
Y/N : Well, I don't care for it.
You try to leave the bathroom but Ajey corners you against the wall.
Y/N : What do you think you're doing?
You try to push him away, but Ajey grabs your wrist and holds both your hands above your head.
Ajey  : Fine. You don't want to talk?
He leans down and trails feathery kisses down your neck. You bite back a groan.
Ajey : Perhaps I can interest you in something else?
Y/N : Ajey!
He crashes his lips on yours. You feel your knees buckle, but Ajey has you locked tightly in place. You can barely catch your breath by the time he pulls away.
Ajey : Sorry, I got carried away -
But you capture his lips with yours before he can finish his sentence.
Ajey : Y/N!
Y/N : Does she kiss you like that? Do you like it when she kisses you?
Ajey : Fuck no. Only you can get me riled up like this.
Y/N : Ajey...
He sighs and runs his hand through his hair in frustration.
Ajey : Y/N, we really have to talk.
Y/N : Like I said, I've nothing to say to you!
Ajey : Y/N!
You ignore him and storm out of the restroom. With every intention of leaving, you head towards the table and grab your purse.
Mayuri : Did you and Ajey have a nice talk?
You sneak a glance at Natasha and she's red in the face - clearly unhappy that her date just abandoned her for you.
Y/N : I've to go.
Mayuri : What? Why?! What did the doofus do this time?
Y/N : Sorry, Mayuri. Rain check? Have a great date, Natasha.
You hastily head towards the door.
Mayuri : NO! Don't leave me alone with them -
You leave the restaurant. You roam the street aimlessly.
Y/N : (Is it too much to ask for some time? I just wanted to curl up under the blanket and play some video games. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!)
It begins pouring.
Y/N : (Great. Just great.)
You look around for a place to take shelter.
Y/N : (Is that...?)
You enter the exact same bar you stopped into on the first day you moved here.
Y/N : (The rain, the bar, this sinking feeling... Deja Vu, much?)
The bartender looks up and immediately does a double take.
Bartender : It's you! It's been a while.
Y/N : You remember me?
Bartender : It's not every day we see a girl drag a suitcase in, get hit on by the creep, then get rescued by a man in a fancy suit.
Y/N : Right. 😁
You take a seat at the bar.
Bartender : Looks like you could use a drink. What can I get you?
Y/N : I've definitely heard that before. I'd like a....  Tequila shot.
You sigh and stare blankly at your drink.
Bartender : You've got to be kidding me.
Y/N : (Huh?)
You notice the bartender staring at the entrance in disbelief. You follow his gaze...
Y/N : It's can't be!
Ajey : Should have known you'd be here.
Y/N : What are you doing here?
Ajey : Getting myself a drink.
Ajey walks over to the bar and talks the seat beside you.
Ajey : I'd like a -
Bartender : Scotch on the rocks. Coming right up.
After placing the drink on the table, the bartender mutters something inaudible under his breath and disappears behind a door.
Y/N : Aren't you supposed to be on a date?
Ajey takes a long sip of his scotch.
Ajey : Deepak was the one who dragged me here the first time.
Y/N : (What is he talking about?)
Ajey : I remember enjoying my scotch when she walked in. It was hard not to notice her - She did have a suitcase in tow.
Y/N : (Oh, he's talking about the first time we met.)
Ajey : She had an unpleasant encounter -
Y/N : But you saved her.
You felt a strange need to intercept his story.
Ajey : I did... I would have done that for anyone.
You lock your eyes with him - he has your attention now.
Ajey : But there was something about her that had me on my feet and in front of her before I could even process what was happening. then it happened again when she showed up at my penthouse. all the signs were there - nothing good would come out of living with my intern... but I agreed to it anyway. because that's just the kind of effect she has on me.
He finishes his scotch and places the glass on the table.
Ajey : The engagement is off.
Y/N : (It's off?!) How?
Ajey : Derrick's betrayal worked in my favor. Where do you think I got my competitive streak from? If you thought I hated to lose, you should see my father. The Calotes' are our  business partners, so betrayal is a slap in our face. My father has assured me that he'll no longer meddle in my business on the condition that I beat Derrick. His cooperation, plus the new investors I recruited, will propel our launch. ABC Gaming is finally back on track.
Y/N : Congratulations. It looks like everything worked out for you. No wonder you and Natasha are celebrating tonight.
Ajey : Y/N. That night, I kissed Natasha... Thinking she was you.
Y/N : (He what?)
Ajey : After you moved out, I was like a lovelorn idiot. I missed you terribly. I was dead drunk that night, and I thought it was you... The paparazzi - she planted them, by the way - caught us kissing, but what they chose to conveniently leave out me pushing her away immediately after I realized my grave mistake.
Y/N : (So, that's what happened last night? And I didn't even give him a chance to explain...)
Ajey : Will you forgive me?
Y/N : Of course, it was all just a misunderstanding.
Ajey : Thank you.
But there was still a hint of sadness in his eyes.
Ajey : I won't deny that it's a terrible excuse. You may have forgiven me, but it doesn't change the fact that I made a mistake.
He holds your hand and gives it a little squeeze.
Ajey : I'll do everything I can to make up for it.
Y/N : But you were on a date with her tonight...
Ajey : That dinner was to inform Natasha that the engagement is off.
Y/N : (So, it wasn't a date!)
Ajey : And I can assure you that there will be no more ridiculous requests. Because once ABC Gaming tides through this crisis, I'm quitting.
Y/N : What?
Wordlessly, Ajey leans forward and rests his head on your shoulder.
Y/N : What are you doing? 😳
Ajey : I'm tired, Y/N. I'm tired of everything. I just want to go home to you and play video games or watch one of my DVDs together.
Y/N : Ajey...
He pulls back, and the sincere look in his eyes has your heart aching. The memories you shared came flooding back.
Ajey : I'm sorry I doubted you. When I saw those photos of you and Derrick together. I let my anger... and jealousy... get the better of me.
He cradles your face in his hands gently.
Ajey : All that doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't care who you are. I want you. I need you. I love you. It has always been, and will always be, you.
He places a soft kiss on your forehead.
Y/N : You...
Ajey : I've said what I wanted to say.
He places another kiss on the back of your hand.
Ajey : I'll wait for your final answer.
He pays for his drink and walks out of the bar.
Y/N : (Wait! Where is he going?)
You received a phone call.
Y/N : (Who's that?.... Derrick?)