two

The door opened. Jerry stretched his fingers. He sighed. An old woman in a misty gray wool cardigan walked in. Nearly three-quarters of his hair had turned white. Jerry looked up. Their gazes muttered.

Jerry turned off his gramophone which was still active. Then, he nodded at the woman with a warm smile.

"Please have a sit."

"Thank you." said the woman.

Her voice sounded so bitter. Jerry landed his butt again on the surface of the chair. Then, he sipped his chamomile tea. Jerry looked up again at the woman. One of his eyebrows rose low.

"Ma'am ...?"

"Shust." replied the woman a little stiff.

"Very well, Mrs. Shust ..." He put back the teacup. "What can this young man do?"

"I-I lost someone," squeaked Mrs. Shust. She shivered a little.

"Ah ..."

Jerry frowned. He paused for a moment as he turned his gaze to the window of the room. The rain still falling gracefully to the ground. Jerry turned his shoulders to look at Mrs. Shust.

"All right, let's see-"

"His name is Brian Shust, Brian Jeremiah Shust" interrupted Mrs. Shust. "Please ..."

"Okay, Brian Shust." Jerry nodded. He smiled. "I got it."

"Oh," Mrs. Shust calmed down. "Thank God."

While Mrs. Shust start to gave him compliments, Jerry stared at the pile of books in one corner of the table. His jaw twitched doubtfully. He looked at Mrs. Shust again.

"But I have no guarantees, Madame. My specialty isn't in finding missing persons. It's not my cup of tea." Jerry's shoulders and eyebrows shot low, "I'm just a philosophical addict? And ... I suggest you go to a private investigator. I have a list of recommendations for that one."

Mrs. Shust shook her head firmly. "N-No! Please! I trust you. I couldn't trust anybodies out there ... Please, find my son ..."

Jerry's lips closed, he threw a sight at Mrs. Shust.

"Please ..." asked Mrs. Shust again. "I'm running out of hope ..."

Her eyes were slightly cloudy and she sounded hurt now. Jerry drew a faint smile. His head nodded slowly.

"Very well," Jerry replied. "I'll do my best, Mrs. Shust."

"Thank you very much."

Mrs. Shust spoke sincerely in a little whisper. Jerry couldn't deny about the sorrow in Mrs. Shust eyes. Then, she walking away.

The door closed again. Jerry sighed heavily. His eyes glanced at the cup of cold chamomile tea. He put his forefinger in the cupped hand as he led it to the window.

Jerry brushed his left hand. He watched the raindrops slide freely down. In the outside, you can see Mrs. Shust moved away again until it just disappeared into the corner. Jerry sighed greedily.

I've tried thousands of times to find Brian Jeremiah Shust, but, all I find is Jerry Shust, Mum, not Brian Shust anymore.

****
Yes. I know it's too short :D i'm just write anything in my mind, so .. here we go, Let me know what you think about this one,,,

i'm not really sure-but, in your opinion, is it the end of Esperance? Or no?

I have no guarantee ╮(^▽^)╭ thanks for vomment and reading my story!

Xx, duckemoiselle