Chapter 16: Time to Sign Up!

Soundwave's POV

I felt as if I could tell the Prime anything. He just didn't seem like the type to use your words against you. "My Sire is a full Predacon and I am a half Predacon. That mech you saw out there, hurting me...he is my Sire-" "WHAT?!" Ratchet yelled. "Your SIRE?! Is that why you didn't fight back?" He asked me. I nodded. "Anyways, he has been abusing me since my Carrier offlined. I was about thee in Earth years." "How old are you now?" The human Jack questioned. "I am about thirteen in your years-" "You ARE a youngling!" Ratchet exclaimed. "Yes, and I am a youngling that gets really mad when I cannot talk without being interrupted. Please save the questions until the end." They nodded, still mumbling on how young I am.

"Ravage has been my adoptive Carrier since then, but my Sire locked her in a ship and sent her off before the war. Then, I befriended Megatron and joined the Decepticons, and the ONLY reason I haven't joined you guys is because I still believed in Megatron, but now... I think he's lost it." I sighed, and continued.

"Laserbeak and I have been best friends ever since the war started." I got a happy chirp at that. "I found Ravage, dying, in an Energon mine, and I saved her with an Energon transfer, so now, she has my Energon flowing though her. My Sire had crash landed a few weeks ago, and we put him in prison. Of course he escaped and came after me, and well, he started to beat me and try to force me to return to Cybertron with him. I refused. You guys interfered at the perfect time. Thank you." I smiled at Optimus. "Although," I continued. "I am sick-" Bulkhead recoiled. I snorted, "It IS NOT contagious. But it is making me purge uncontrolably and internal pain is killing me!" I looked to Ratchet.

"You might have the cure... But I bet you're wondering about the Predacon stuff-" "HELL YEAH!" Miko shouted, pumping a fist into the air. I smiled at her, "My Predacon form is a Supente." Seeing Miko's confused look, I added, "A serpent-like dragon with wings." She nodded, "Awesome! Dude, you have to show me!" I looked away, faceplates darkening in embarrassment. Optimus looked at me, metal brows furrowed. "Um..hehe, yeah. I need to leave the base a little bit tonight-" "What? No way, 'Con. You ain't goin anywhere." The green Autobot said, optics narrowed.

"Well, uh, yeah. I do. Predacons cannot stay in their Cybertronian forms for very long at one time. Every once in a while, we must go out and fly, and if you guys want...you can...um, watch me?" I shifted, nervous of their answer. "Yes!" Yelled Miko. "Can we, bossbot? Please?" She begged the Prime. "yeah, Optimus, please?" The small human agreed. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt..." Suggested Jack. The Prime put a servo to his metal chin, thinking. "Well, old friend," Optimus looked to Ratchet. "I've always wanted to see a Predacon flying ritual." Ratchet smirked at me. "Of course, youngling. We will watch you fly."

I literally jumped up and hugged Ratchet and Optimus around the necks. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! This means so much!" I smiled widely at all the Autobots. Even the annoying femme. Just then, Ravage leaped up onto my lap and rubbed her head affectionately against my chassis. That movement made me hiss in pain.

"Uh, Ratchet?" I asked. "Can you repair one more thing for me?" He nodded. The panel on my side opened and the ripped feeler slid out. I opened my chest compartment, that usually held Laserbeak, and pulled out the other half. "Oh my!" The human Carrier, Mrs. Darby gasped. "Oh, ouch." Miko muttered sympathetically. "I can refuse the wires, but I need you to fuse the outside armor." I told the doc. He nodded, in shock. "I can do that now, if you'd like." He offered. I smiled again, and held the two parts together. The wires that were shredded, simply connected back together. The doc fished in his side compartment and pulled out a fuser. Pain shot through me as he welded the armor back together. I gasped and hissed, but did not dare move.

Once he finished, I slid the feeler back into my side. "Thank you. Again." "That. Was. So. COOL!" Miko shouted. I turned to her, knelt down, and put my servo on the floor. I had seen Optimus do this once. Miko squealed and scurried onto my servo. "Miko! He's a 'Con!" Bulkhead exclaimed, horrified she'd even touch me. Miko flicked her hand. "He's a good 'Con. I believe it." I lifted her up to my face. "You are a strange femme. Most hate me, yet you. You are the opposite. And, uh, I believe you dropped this." I held up her scetch pad. "You are very talented. Your drawings are beautiful."

She nodded. "I try real hard!" She boasted. Laserbeak flew up and landed on my shoulder squawking loudly. ::Are you flirting with the femme?:: He asked through the mental link. Ravage snorted, chuckling. "What?!" I exclaimed loudly, scaring Miko. "Sorry..." I apologized. "What did he say?" Mrs. Darby asked. "He asked...he asked if I was...was FLIRTING with Miko!" I blurted. Jack choked loudly and Raf thumped his back. Miko and Bumblebee doubled over laughing. I turned to Laserbeak. "How could you say such a thing!" This made Optimus chuckle and Ratchet snicker almost inaudibly.

Then, Ratchet noticed the organized room, the scrubbed floor, and all his work completed. "Uh, Soundwave? Why is everything neat?" The medic asked. I laughed. "I did it for you." I said simply. He gaped. "In how long, exactly, did you do this?" He questioned. "In about fifteen Earth minutes." I said. The medic's optics widened considerably. "But you're just a youngling!" He cried. I snorted. "Yeah. A youngling who had no time to be a youngling. I spent all my orns studying and learning as much as I could in between beatings. It's all I could do, after all."

I felt two, small, warm arms hug my chassis. "I believe you. Thank you, Soundwave. You saved us all a wrench to the head." She laughed. Mrs. Darby checked her watch, "We have all day until sundown. Why doesn't everyone spend an hour with Soundwave and learn more about him!" Murmurs filled the control room, then, Optimus stepped forward. "I agree with your preposition, Mrs. Darby..." He paused, then produced a hologram. It was a list. "These are the order you all will spend with Soundwave." The list said;

9:00am- Jack and Mrs. Darby

Human 'Breakfast'

10:00am- Raf

11:00am- Miko

12:00am- Bumblebee

Human 'Lunch'

2:00pm- Bulkhead

3:00pm- Arcee

4:00pm- Ratchet

5:00pm- Optimus

Human 'Dinner'

This is going to be really interesting...