Chapter 25

River and I stood there frozen, arms around each other. Omar is still standing in the doorway with that angry look on his face. I wanted to lie to him, telling him that's there's nothing going on between us, but he won't believe me because he just caught us kissing.

I needed to say something. "Omar, I can explain-" I started to say.

He shook his head. "No, no, Ajay. I do not want to hear it." He took a deep breath. "I just wanted to let you know that Elsa wanted you and see what's taking you so long, but now, I can totally see that." He scoffed and walked out of the room.

I looked back at River. "Oh my god, this is going to be horrible isn't it?" I asked him.

"I believe so."

I sighed. This is just great. My brother just found out about us, and I can feel things are going to be pretty bad between the three of us.

"Should we still go downstairs?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, we probably should."

We walked downstairs and went to the backyard. Omar is sitting there at a table with Katelynn chatting with Grace and Cassidy. Justin, Ethan, and Bailey are sitting with them too. I wonder if he told them. No way. He wouldn't do that. Would he?

"Ajay."

I looked down to see Elsa grabbing onto my shirt. "Push me, please?"

I sighed. "Yeah, sure." We went over to the swing set and I pushed her on the swing. She keeps telling me to push her higher and higher. While I was pushing her, I kept thinking about Omar. I still can't believe he caught us. I've never seen him pissed off like this before. I don't why he was; it can't be because he caught me making out a boy. Was it because he caught me making out with his best friend and no one else?

"Come on, Ajay. Higher!" Elsa said.

"I can't push you higher or else you'll fall off," I told her.

"Aww, you're not fun," she whined.

I smiled and looked over at Omar, who's now giving me a dirty look. I quickly look away and paid more attention to Elsa. She got tired and I stopped pushing her. She jumped off the swing and gives me a hug. "Thanks, Ajay."

"Yeah." Elsa ran off to her mom and Salvatore, who are talking to Minnie's parents. I looked back at Omar, who's now talking to Justin. I started to get nervous. What if he's telling Justin that he caught me and River kissing and Justin is telling him about me sleeping with him?

A few minutes later, guests started to leave and so did we. As I went to give Irene a hug, she said, "Thanks for coming, Ajay. I want you over at my house by nine on Friday."

"Yes, ma'am."

Elena, Katelynn, Omar, and I walked back to our house. When we went inside I went upstairs to my room and Omar followed me. "So, how long has this thing been going on between you and River?" he asked.

Oh god, this now? "About a month," I told him.

"Since you came back! What the fuck, Ajay! Is that why you broke up with Tori! Because you had a thing for River!" Omar yelled.

"Not at first."

"What do you mean not at first?" His hands curled into fists.

"Well, umm..." How am I going to tell him what happened three years ago?

"Well?" he pressed.

"Fine. You want to know what happened? I kissed him the day I left for college. Happy!"