"I want to keep that promise"

Norman smiled as he watched his girlfriend look at the stars in the sky through her bedroom window.

He felt himself smile even more when he remembered that the Emma who was in front of him now remembered everything from his past.

It was difficult to recover their memories, but they had succeeded, and now everyone could enjoy life without worrying about being eaten by demons.

They were now 24 years old, it had been four years since Emma had recovered her memories, and three since they had started dating, it would have taken longer if Ray hadn't helped them both.

They were silent for a while while Emma admired the stars and Norman admired her.

"Hey, Norman" Emma called out to him softly, they couldn't speak very loudly because their siblings were sleeping, and it would be irritating to have to explain to Ray why Norman was in Emma's room while everyone was asleep.

"Yes?" He asked also whispering without taking his eyes off her, who was still looking at the stars.

"You've been staring at me for six minutes" She laughed lightly as she turned to him to see his red face.

Norman laughed sheepishly as he looked away from her "It's not my fault if you're brighter and more beautiful than the stars" He looked at Emma out of the corner of his eye and saw that she was also red.

They were silent again, both with completely red faces.

"Hey, Norman ..." She called him again, making him turn to her "I love you" They had said it so much for each other, but it still felt like the first time Norman heard it.

"I love you too" He said while trying to avoid getting redder, and failing.

They sat down again, this time so that Emma's back was pressed against his chest and that he hugged her.

"Emma, do you remember a promise we made when we were six?" Norman whispered in her ear, sending chills all over her body.

Emma blushed when she realized what he was talking about, but decided not to say anything, it was too embarrassing.

Noticing her silence he asked again as he hugged her closer "Emma, ​​do you remember the promise we made when we were six?"

"Yes... You must find that stupid now, don't you?"Emma felt her face flush even more when Norman kissed her cheek gently.

"No, actually, I want to keep that promise" He said as he took a small black box out of his pants pocket "You should know that, but when a person proposes to another person, they usually give a ring to symbolize their union"

Emma turned to Norman, both still sitting on the floor in her room. She could see how red his face was when he revealed the expensive-looking ring that was inside the small black box.

"Last time you asked that, but this time I'm going to ask," Norman said and then cleared his throat "Umm... Emma, ​​do you want to marry me?" He closed his eyes praying internally for a 'yes'

For the third time that day the room was silent again. Norman felt his shoulders drop and his confidence breaking with his girlfriend's sudden silence.

He was ready to get up and left the room when he was surprised by Emma giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Sorry! I didn't know how to react to this... But this is definitely a yes" She said after pulling away from the kiss and blushing.

Norman smiled as he hugged her "It's great to hear it" he said as he spread sweet, quick kisses all over her red face.

They spent the rest of the night hugging, kissing and saying 'I love you' regardless of whether it was almost two in the morning, or whether they would wake up their siblings with their happy laughs.

—————

The next morning when Ray found the two lovebirds sleeping on the floor in Emma's room, he smiled as he noticed the ring on Emma's finger.

"What happened, Ray? You are smiling after waking up, this is very unusual coming from you" Anna asked when she saw his smile when he came into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

"Huh? I just think today we will hear some great news when Emma and Norman wake up" Ray said as he put on an apron and smiled at Anna "If he took a little longer I would have forced him to do it myself "He said turning to the stove and leaving a confused Anna in the middle of the kitchen.