Episode One, Part One

(Art not mine.)

-----------------------------------

AT THE ENDLESS SEA

-- Lyra's PoV --

-----------------------------------

As the team and I are out, flying over the Endless Sea, we're looking for a Mutated Fangfish. One of our jobs for this week. But ever since the Tournament of Elements, we've had these sickly awesome dragons! I've been loving that bit.

Kai flies past me, advancing into the second row of our formation. I hear him laugh, as he shoots me a sly smirk. I just roll my eyes.

Lloyd looks at Kai as he comes to the side of the Green Ninja's dragon.

"Getting ahead of yourself, Kai? Heh. I'm leading this charge."

Lloyd steadily charges at Kai, and Kai gets splashed with water.

"Aah!"

Jay laughs, "That's one way to cool off a hothead."

I let out a loud cackle, before looking over at Anais, who's trying to keep herself from bursting into laughter.

"Hey, no one messes up my hair!"

As a playful revenge, Kai dips low towards the ocean, and splashes Lloyd and Zane.

Lloyd grunts, covering his face from the salty water,

Zane spits and coughs up water, causing Jay, Cole and myself to look at him.

"You okay there, Zane?" Cole asks.

"Affirmative. It'll take more than a little water to take me out." Zane smiles and nods.

"Oh, what about a big fish?" We all look at Jay and he points to a dark figure in the water, "Incoming!"

"Oh, no!" Zane shouts.

"There he blows!"

I hear PIXAL come in from Zane's speaker addition,

"Based on its weight and size, this is the mutant Fangfish terrorizing the coastal village and depleting their food source."

"PIXAL says this is the one." Zane tells the others.

Lyra pounds her fist into her palm, smirking deviously.

"Let's fry some fish, fellas!"

I whoop, as to hype myself up.

Lloyd chuckles and adds in, "And now that he's taken the bait, let's reel him in and get him to the aquarium."

Jay looks to our hot-head as he falls back in formation, "Let me guess, Kai. You caught one that big once?"

The Master of Fire shakes his head, "Heck no. He was twice the size!"

The Fangfish lunges at him, "Whoa!"

I can't help but laugh more.

Jay chuckles, "He's almost as hungry as you, Cole."

"And twice as ugly as you, Jay."

Everyone but Jay and Lloyd laugh.

Lloyd motions with his hand for us to line up.

"It's time for the catch of the day. In line formation!"

"It's right behind us!"

A bit of suspense later, and Lloyd makes the call.