Daily Prophet Rumours

The rest of March and April flew by with tremendous amounts of homework and O.W.L. preparation. April's full moon went by smoothly for Oscar and Remus. Ast had had one of the best birthdays ever.

Quidditch finals were tomorrow and Gryffindor were to play against Ravenclaw, if they won this match, they won the season. James was absolutely terrified and had been training non-stop for the past month.

"Mr Potter, just because the Quidditch finals are tomorrow doesn't mean that you can laze around in my class!" McGonagall barked.

"I know that," James said, just as the last bell rang, signalling the end of school.

They all filed out of the class and walked to the common room to drop their bags off before dinner. The corridors were packed with students, who were all buzzing with excitement about the upcoming match.

"Potter!" James's friend and Quidditch captain, Ralph, called as the Marauders approached the common room entrance.

"Alright Ralph?" James asked.

"David is ill, I've been trying to find a replacement all day."

"What? But the match is tomorrow!"

"I know! Talk about timing,"

"Hey," Sirius interrupted, "Ast plays Quidditch. You played on the Durmstrang team, didn't you Ast?"

Ralph turned to Asteria, who at the time fumbling around with her book bag. Suddenly, all of its contents spilled out onto the floor.

"Y-yes, yes I do- well I did- but I haven't played in a year," she quickly said, bending down to stuff everything back in.

Remus bent down to help.

"What position do you play?" Ralph asked.

"Chaser but sometimes a seeker,"

His eyes lit up.

"Excellent, you'll be replacing David as a seeker tomorrow,"

"Wait but-"

Ast shot up.

"Come on let's give you some training before the game. Oi James, round up the team for me."

Before she knew it, she was on the Quidditch field with Ralph handing her a broom. James arrived with the other team. Ralph explained the situation and said that Ast would be playing David's place tomorrow. The rest of the team got dressed and headed out onto the field to join them.

"Alright everyone mount your brooms and take off in three... two... one!" Ralph exclaimed.

The training went by quite well. Ast managed to catch the Snitch in fifteen minutes which was a record time for her. The others congratulated her and once training was over they all headed up to the castle for dinner.

"How was it?" Peter asked, handing her a napkin to wipe her muddy face as she sat down at the Gryffindor table.

Remus thought that Ast looked quite pretty despite her hair being tousled and the absurd amount of mud on her face. She was still panting as she took the napkin and began wiping her face. Peter grabbed hold of the napkin and helped remove the splotches of dirt she had missed.

"Ast did amazing!" James exclaimed. "With her there's no doubt that we won't win."

Peter smiled, "well our girl is good at anything you put her up to."

Asteria blushed and smiled coyly. "I wouldn't say anything."

"I would," Remus commented.