Chapter One- Normal life

Hey everyone! I'm a new writer so please excuse any typos or non professional writing lol.
Hope you enjoy!

                                         -
You woke up to the sound of your alarm going off. As you drifted into consciousness, the beeping grew more and more annoying until you finally grabbed your phone to turn it off.
"God it's so early, I just wanna sleep some more" You thought to yourself as you sat up and stretched. You got up and walked to your dresser to pick out your school uniform skirt and a f/c t shirt. You go into the bathroom to get changed, wash your face brush your teeth and put on some makeup (just some quick eyeliner brows and blush). You then brush out your hair, spray on your f/s perfume and now you're ready. Still having 30 minutes until you leave for school, you decide to just relax on your phone. After scrolling through Instagram for a few minutes, you see a text come in. Shuichi- "Hey y/n want me to pick you up this morning?"
Shuichi Saihara, he was your best friend since 2nd grade and you two spent lots of time together. Didn't matter where you were or what time it was, you two could always crack jokes and get lost in conversation for hours. He was like a brother to you, you loved him that way... until freshman year of high school at least. The thought always lingered in the back of your mind, "Could Shuichi ever love me?", but you usually pushed it aside assuring yourself you were only friends. You could maintain your friendship without letting your crush on him get in the way, after all no one knew about it except for your best friend, Kaede Akamatsu.
Feeling excited you text back "Yeah of course, want me to make you some coffee?" You didn't like coffee but your mom always had a pot ready every morning, and since he likes it you always offer. He texts back "YES please I'm dragging this morning". You text back "Are you feeling okay? Anything wrong?". He answers with "No I'm fine, just tired is all. I'm like 3 minutes away from your house are you ready?"
You answer back with "Yeah I'll be waiting outside, see you then :)". He left you on read. You know he never purposefully does this, but every time he does you get a little sad. You sighed it off and grabbed your bookbag and your boots and walked to the door. You put your shoes on and grab a coffee for Shuichi. You step outside, to your surprise seeing Shuichi walking up your driveway, with a big smile on his face. You start smiling yourself, running down to greet him. "Hey y/n! Are you at all prepared for that math test today?" You make a pouty face while handing him his coffee. "No and I don't wanna do it" you say as you two start walking. "Aw I'm sorry, he replies, "I can let you use my notes if you'd like". You let out a sigh of relief, knowing his notes would help you no matter what. Being the ultimate detective, he was incredibly smart and got straight A's in every class, as well as solving every case he gets put on. "Can I actually? I'll only need them for a second." You say. "Yeah sure, here you go", he says as he reaches into his bag and pulls out a notebook, hitting your head with it. "Hey I asked for math notes not whiplash" you giggled. He started laughing too. As you approached the school, you thanked him for the notes and went your separate ways until your first class together, which was math. You see your best friend, Kaede and run up to her. She sees you and grew a big smile. "Y/N!" She shouts, "YAYY GOOD MORNING YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!" as she wraps her arms around you. "Kaede, calm down I just saw you yesterday" you giggle. "Sorry I just get excited when I see you. And I see you walked here with Shuichiii~" she hints and you blush. "Calm down he just walked me here" you try to assure her. "Aw come on the way he looks at you reads otherwise, are you sure he doesn't feel the same?" she says. "Kaede we're friends and that's that, he wouldn't feel that way about me, he sees me as a sister..." you say obviously looking defeated. She rubs your shoulder,  "Aw you never know y/n I personally think otherwise." Kaede says. She was always the best at trying to make you feel better. "You only saying that because i'm your friend", you mumble. "Hey am not! I set up Himiko and Tenko, AND Kiyo and Kirumi. I have a third eye for relationships I'm telling you", she giggled. You smile back at her, but you both knew it wasn't genuine. "Well I gotta get to class, I'll see you at lunch, okay?", Kaede waves bye at you with a smile. You wave back, walking to your first class. "Is she really telling the truth? or just being nice to me?" You think to yourself. You pushed the thought aside. You had class now. You walked into the classroom, sitting down next to Kaito. "Mornin' y/n!", Greeting you with his big goofy smile. "Morning" you say back, forcing a smile. His faded. "Hey what's up? I can tell you're upset", he says with a concerned look. You give him a reassuring smile. "Kaito I'm fine, just feeling a bit tired", you say. "Alright then, he says, "But if I need to go beat up that brat Kokichi or anyone else let me know okay?" You giggle, "You got it." Not too long after that the bell rings and your teacher walks in. As the lecture begins, you look out the window next to you and begin to get lost in thought. "Shuichi... how DO you feel?" That though kept racing through your head, as you drifted off into a daydream...
                                       —
Thanks for reading! Next chapter should be done within the next few days. It'll include some mentions of depression and angst, fair warning.