One

Chapter One
Out from the night, from the mist, steps a figure. No one knows his name for sure. He stands at six foot six, head and shoulders. Pray he never comes knocking at your door.

As he sits silently in his car, V sharpens his blade. Griffon hovers over his shoulder from the backseat.

"V, I'm so bored!" He whines.

V ignores his cry.

Finally, after about five minutes of Griffon's whining and complaining, Nightmare speaks up. "Another word from you, Griffon, and I'll pluck your feathers from your skin and shove them in your eyes." He snarls

The bird demon backs away from the panther and perches silently in the backseat.

V runs a bony hand through his thick, black hair, not even acknowledging the two demons. Annoyance radiates from him, though.

"V, when will we actually do the job?" Griffon asks impatiently.

Nightmare snarls. "Feathers. Eyeballs."

Finally, V speaks. "Shut up guys, we have to wait for the right moment."

Griffon looks out the car window, mostly to avoid eye contact with Nightmare. He looks into the yellow glowing window of the house across the street, where their target resides. The sound of a sharpening blade plagues his ears. He watches as the curtains open from the inside, and a young girl in a salmon coloured dress looks out. Her caramel eyes flick back and forth as she watches the world outside. Her golden hair in big bouncy curls, she can't seem to focus on one thing.

Nightmare snarls at Griffon. "Come on, it's time to go."

Griffon nearly jumps out of his feathers in excitement. Finally, some action.

V sheathes his blade and puts his guns in his belt. His small spellbook in his hand, he pushes his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose.

The three exit the car and approach the door of the house. By this point, the curly haired girl has gone back to her room so as not to be caught past bedtime.

V grips his book of spells and poetry, his hand on a gun, and then summons Heana to lift him. Heana is a demon of little words, hardly ever speaking. Heana lifts V and Nightmare while Griffon flies up in quick pursuit. V silently slips into the small crack in the window of his target, and the demons follow suit. V mumbles some words from The Raven, giving Griffon enhanced abilities. Heana forms a humanoid figure while Nightmare pounces on the Target, pinning her shoulders while Heana pins the legs. Griffon pulls at hair and skin on the Target's head while V wakes her. "Hello there, Miss Seiller." He says in that silky smooth voice of his. "Your time is up. See you in hell."

The Target's eyes go wide as she begs for mercy.

"Too late. Maybe you should've treated others better."

Griffon's talons grow long and sharp, and they stab into the Target's chest. The Target goes limp.

The curly haired girl lets out a shriek

All four of them snap their attention to the doorway, where a young girl, no older than eighteen, stands in shock.

"Shit," V mutters.