Backstory

You are (Y/N), a 23-year-old girl living in Seattle, Washington

You are (Y/N), a 23-year-old girl living in Seattle, Washington. As a young, orphaned child, you were passed around foster homes until you found a couple who took you in at the age of nine. The couple did not live up to your dreams, however- your foster father physically abused you, and the mother did not bat an eye in your direction to help. Your optimism about your living situation soon dwindled away. You had strict curfews, no friends, and no opportunities to escape the house. The only refuge was your restless mind. As you were constantly being surveilled and beaten to your father's entertainment, this rage started to boil inside of you- this monstrous, inhumane rage.

Finally, at the age of 15, you had decided that you had suffered enough bruises and scars. Your foster father was stopping you from being happy. Your only desire in life was to be loved and appreciated by someone, and you had the means to give yourself the opportunity.

So you concocted a plan, and found a simple solution. You waited until the mother was out of the house, took a knife from the kitchen, and swiftly stabbed the father. The action had a strange effect on you- you had almost enjoyed killing him. You told yourself it was because it freed you, but killing a man awakened something in you that you weren't aware of. It felt so good to punish someone who got in your way. It felt so good to watch the life drain out of his eyes. You wanted so badly to let him suffer for what he did to you, but it was important to stick to the plan- you called the police. 

When they arrived at the house, you told them a wild story about your father inviting a prostitute into the house and sexually abusing her- that you heard a lot of screaming and suddenly it stopped, and that you were too scared to come down from your room until you heard the woman flee. The police had to believe your story; what 15-year-old child would lie about something like that? They had no reason to believe otherwise, and recorded the murder as self-defense. That was the first step to freedom.

Your foster mother was quite afflicted by the situation. She very soon became drawn into the whirlpool of depression and alcoholism, and you took advantage of this. You convinced her to give you all of her late husband's money, and as soon as you turned 18, you left to study analytical chemistry on campus.

--------------------------------------------------------

You now work in a laboratory with a decent salary, and are living alone in Seattle. Someone has caught your eye throughout these past few years- a spirited middle-aged woman with auburn hair. You've seen her around grocery stores and in your local pharmacy. From what you could gather at a far distance, she was a single mother of one who was always focused on fulfilling her responsibilities. You wanted an opportunity to talk to this beautiful woman but never found a good moment. 

Until now. 

A

A.N.

Excuse the poorly rushed backstory, but I wanted to get right into the story :) It's probably going to be around 10 chapters.