|| Lure ||

Walking along the busy streets I conversate with myself, as usual; conveniently enough, I don't have to worry if Lucky Charms or Q-Ball are going to break into my house. I don't depend on creaking floors, unmuffled cicadas, and crickets but instead my sensory security system; not that I sleep much anyway. Since the discovery of "Clint's" left for dead message, civilians have been; watching me. I've received longer stares than usual as if they're waiting on what's next for me, for instance, right now. Sharply glancing to the left of me, I catch the eye of a common-looking civilian, without looking about I know eyes matching his are doing just the same.

Without breaking eye contact, I decide to be snide; with smirking eyes, I lean in a whisper,

"The game hasn't ended yet has it? I'm not dead yet."

Waiting for his response, I watch his eyes slowly dilate with the twitch of his mouth; his twisted fantasies showing through. Slowly, I stand up straight with a snigger parting word as I walk away, 

"Good."

In reality, my heartbeat picked up with each step I took, but I remained composed. Without a doubt in my mind, my arrogance gave the word of consent for who and what's to come. Much like the paranormal, provoke it, and it will find its way to you. I could have just confused a man with a femdom kink, and to that, I say; touche. My gut feeling, however, unsurprisingly told me otherwi-

"Sorry baby girl, if I wasn't in such a rush I'd stop to get your number."

Ignoring that boy and forcibly facing the petty actions I left a few strides back due to a shove on the shoulder, I've spotted my audience in the distance. He didn't even bother to blend in with the crowd, not that he could, his predatory charm set him far off from those who wisped around him. Our eye contact goes unbroken, we speak an unspoken conversation that continues through actions alone. Slightly lifting my wool coat, I reveal the file gifted by the man himself, a form of desire spreads across his face in a dreary grin. Coolly turning one-hundred eighty degrees, the chase between who I assume to be Adam and I has officially begun.

I weave through the crowd effortlessly, I may not be a police officer but learning the way of the land you live in is quite important for a woman with any form of visual appeal or town known power. I've walked these streets so long that we've become acquainted, my only concern is if the man's "skills" are universal in his goose chases. That aside, his irregular footsteps approach, speaking eagerly to me and me alone. The street surrounds me with opportunity just when I needed it most, and I'll be damned if I don't take up its generous offers. Just as someone treads both behind and past me on my left, I swift turn and follow behind the towering figure.

Tilting my head to the right and averting my eyes towards the left, he obliviously rushes right beside his prey. Finally, I get a quick look, he's a tall and lean man with brunette combed back hair and brown eyes. Wearing the same peculiar clothes yet still quite the looker, but seemingly jittery.

Poor man, he must think I'm some feeble woman like Luna.

Just before he unknowingly leaves my side, I speak up with a tease,

"Peek-a-boo~"

Whipping his head around, hearing the momentum from where I stand we meet eyes once more. Only this time, it was my turn to smile. He looked estrange, it's quite apparent he's never meet his match before; causing him to stare in disbelief. I didn't do much, but a little goes a long way and with a snicker, I trot off, disappearing back into the crowd from his perspective. Running around in circles wasn't the plan today but I'll make it one, quickly, I cross the street into a nearby cafe.

Preparing two cups of free water, I sit comfortably at a booth that is closest to where I last spotted Lucky Charms. Sipping from my glass I gently place the other across from me, waiting patiently. Mid-sip I hear the tap on the glass partition next to me, looking at who I know to be my chaser, I complacently gesture to the beverage I placed. I heed his change in demeanor, still and irritated, with this in mind I simply mouth,

"You've been expecting me."