Chapter 17: Back Storys

Amanda's pov.

Me, Miranda, Ashley, and Jordan all are running. Jordan's behind because of his foot. Were about two miles away from the city. Past the compound. I stop running.

How...are....you...guys....not....tired...yet. I say panting.

I'm use to running not fighting. Ash says.

Jordan stops beside me.

Do you want to take a break? Jordan asks me.

Yeah. I say walking over to a tree and sitting against it.

Jordan joins me.

Can I sleep? I say.

If you want to. He says.

I close my eyes and I put my head against his shoulder.

Jordan's pov

Ashley and Miranda come over to me and Amanda.

Is she asleep? Miranda says.

Yea, she looked tired. I say.

They sit down.

So is Ian your only sibling that's around? I say.

My parents died when I was young. Ashley says.

Oh I'm sorry I should've not asked. I say.

It's ok. I'm not sad anymore. She says how about you parents?

They left on a boat or some other transportation when I was five. I haven't seen them since. But before they left they told me that they loved me and that they cared about me. I was sad a little but I got over it eventually. I say.

It's hard not hard to talk about my parents. It's just hard to talk about them around Miranda. She's a gentle person. But if you get her angry it wouldn't be pretty. It use ally ends with something bruised or broken.

We found a little house it's a few minutes away from here. But we'll wait since Amanda's asleep. Miranda says.

If I pick Amanda up then I would have to me careful to I don't wake her and I would be slow because of my foot. It's not that bad anymore. It just hurts if I run on it.

I hear Amanda mumble something. It sounds like Jason. Her fathers name.

Jordan wake her up. Miranda says.

Why? I say.

She's using her wolf sight.

Amanda. I say shaking her.

She wakes up

What's wrong? She says

You were saying Jason's name. I say.

I seen him. She says

Jason. Ashley says Jason your father I think that I know him.