the beginning. 1

"hey mingyu! nice goal today!"

mingyu has always been a popular guy at school. his popularity was solely because of his looks, but also because he was really good at sports; soccer and volleyball were his specialty. he was pretty much a jock, except without the douche attitude.

they had just finished up their soccer game today, and mingyu had scored the winning goal. his teammates had been praising mingyu for it ever since the game ended; it made mingyu feel uneasy instead of proud. all the players headed to the locker room--getting changed and dressed.

"ah.. thanks hyung. means a lot.." mingyu smiled cumboursly. he had changed as fast as he could, so that he could leave the sweaty and stuffy locker room.

mingyu left the locker room, dressed in casual clothes; black hoodie, grey sweatpants, and slippers. he sighed in relief. the amount of compliments he received made him uncomfortable.

ugh.. im starving.. mingyu huffed and rubbed his belly. what should i eat today.. he thought deeply as he walked through the hallway.

"oof-"

"crap-"

he had accidentally walked into a boy, he was too lost in his thoughts it had distracted him.

oh shit- he fell pretty hard.. he thought as he looked at the boy on the floor, he felt extremely apologetic until he recognized who it was.

boo seungkwan.

seungkwan was just as popular as mingyu, but he had an attitude and was always seen gossiping about other people. it irritated mingyu incredibly. he truly despised him.

he glanced at the fallen boy in front of him, getting a glimpse of his features. seungkwan had chocolate brown hair that was evenly parted in the middle, and had natural porcelain skin and glossy lips.

mingyu still felt bad so he held out his hand to help him. "sorry, are you okay?" he genuinely asked, meeting seungkwan's gaze.

seungkwan got up without his help, he seemed very upset. mingyu gave him a blank stare, then quietly scoffed and grinned. so petty.. gosh.

seungkwan glared at him and huffed. "whatever.. watch where you're going next time. or else you'll regret it." he sneered, and walked past him, purposely bumping into him as he made his leave.

mingyu sighed, and watched the male walk off until he was out of sight. he wasn't surprised, he was just amused.

seungkwan quickly stormed off. thoughts rummaged through his head, this being one of them.

why do i have feelings for someone i know i don't have a chance with...