Roses and Little Princes [Chapter Seven]

Reggie was woken up the next morning by a soft voice, pulling him out of his dreams. He was going to protest getting up, before he suddenly remembered the events of the night prior. 

He sat up, dropping the stuffed bear that had been in his arms. It fell on the blanket next to him. "Whoa, calm down Reg! You're okay, I promise." Julie spoke, settling her hand on his shoulder. She sat on the edge of the bed next to him.

"I'm so sorry about last night." Reggie began his anxious rambling despite her reassurance. "I was being a brat for no reason and I kept crying-"

"Reggie." Julie took over a tone not unlike the stern one used to get him to listen when he was small. Reggie went quiet, looking at Julie with a somewhat nervous look.

"You don't have to defend yourself, or apologize for anything. I'm not mad at you." She spoke in a sure, definite voice. Reggie seemed hesitant to believe her, but he nodded.

"Thank you." Reggie decided on his next words after a moment, giving Julie a small smile.

"For what?" She questioned, though she was fairly sure that she knew the answer.

"For dealing with me."

"Anytime." Julie paused, before speaking again. "I wanted to talk to you, about a few things. Is that alright with you?"

Reggie nodded slowly, looking a little anxious about whatever she was going to bring up. "First of all, Luke is distracting Alex right now, so if you wanna be little, you can."

Reggie chose nodding over verbal confirmation, so Julie continued speaking. "I guess I'll get straight to the point. How do you feel about telling Alex about all this?"

There was a pause, and Julie thought that maybe she shouldn't of brought it up. But just when she was going to let him know that he didn't have to answer, Reggie replied. 

"I'm not completely against it," Reggie admitted, speaking up with a voice full of hesitancy. "It's still scary though. But I feel like he'd get it, he deals with anxiety too...worse then me really. I feel like he'd be glad I found a way to deal with it."

Reggie sounded hopeful, but also worried. "I think you're right. And no one said that you have to tell him now, Luke and I just thought we'd bring it up now so that you could think about it."

"Was there anything else?" Reggie questioned after a beat of silence.

"Hmm?" Julie hummed, seemingly confused. 

"You said you wanted to talk to me about a few things." Reggie elaborated. Julie remembered the other thing she wanted to bring up. 

"Oh! Yeah..um, I wanted to ask about the whole 'mama' thing..." Julie trailed off for a moment while Reggie's face went red, and he immediately avoided looking at her face. "There's nothing wrong with you calling me that! If I was uncomfortable with it, I'd tell you. I just wanted to know why, I guess. Is that something that's normal for littles?"

Reggie let out a light sigh of relief. Julie wasn't judging him, she was just curious. She didn't seemed concerned. Or angry...just curious. "Um..kinda? I'm sorry that I called you that without like, talking to you about it first." He apologized.

Julie shook her head. "If its something that makes you feel more comfortable in your headspace, I don't mind it." she repeated.

Reggie kept going. "Yeah. Some regressors have people that take care of them, like caregivers. And they might call them some variation of mom or dad because they play a parent role...and I guess little me recognizes you as 'the nice lady who cares for me' and it just kinda..slipped out a few times."