The Way He Talks

"You talk a lot, huh?"

That sentence. That goddamn sentence again. Seungkwan was so tired of that sentence. His date was going so well why did the other guy have to say that sentence.

Boo was so shocked by those so familiar words that he froze for a second, not being able to raise his eyes from the drawing he was doing to meet the man sitting in front of him. His pencil slowed to a stop on the page he was doodling on.

"Excuse me?"

"I said that you talk a lot. You've been rambling about the next season collection you are designing and how it's gonna rock the fashion world for about 20 to 30 minutes now." That deep voice was so beautiful but his words raked him like nails to Seungkwan.

Let's rewind for a bit.

Boo Seungkwan, 24 years old, a genius fashion designer and starting his own braid that's been growing at a steadfast pace. He's been working his ass off since his graduation to make his dream of owning a world class fashion brand come true. And that's why he has been too busy to date ever since his freshman year in college when he drunk made out with his now best friend Kim Mingyu (an amazing model and growing photographer in the industry).

And that's also why said friend thought it was time Seungkwan should start dating again and Mingyu knew just the perfect person the youngest should meet. Like Mingyu knows anything about dating, he's been going out with these two guys for months, but still believes he's just a third wheel and a sometimes there to spice up to their nights.

Now, Seungkwan's more sure than ever that he should have never listened to Gyu.

At first, this Jeon Wonwoo guy seemed in no way "The Perfect Person" to Seungkwan - as Mingyu had initially said. Mingyu had given Wonwoo's number to Seungkwan so they could get to know each other and what Seungkwan learnt at that time was that they had very little in common. Wonwoo's a video editor, he prefers the night (Seungkwan's a day person), he prefers stay in on Fridays (Seungkwan thrives on a night out, specially Fridays), Wonwoo prefers books (Seungkwan's a movie kind of guy) and speaking of movies, if Wonwoo had to watch any movies, he'd for sure choose a Marvel (Seungkwan at least thinks that the Black Panther guy's hot). But they did share some favourite ballads, Wonwoo didn't mind listening to every Wonder Girls song Seungkwan told him to and that's definitely a plus, Wonwoo likes coffee and Seungkwan's a caffeine addict (or so one of the Mingyu's not boyfriends, Minghao, says).

With the passing of weeks and texting, Seungkwan came to actually have a crush on Wonwoo and the other boy made it seem like they were on the same page. It was fun to talk to each other and the fact that they had many different interests made it so they would always have something to talk about. Thus, the youngest was feeling quite excited for their date. He remembers reading that text saying 'so is it okay if i say i want to meet you in person?'. The blonde had just filled his dog's food bowl and actually let it all fall to the ground when he read the notification panel of his phone. Every part of him felt warm, every part of him felt like melting, and every part of him was tingling with gratifying feelings

"This guy likes me back."

Confidence rushed through every vein of his body. Not that Seungkwan's an insecure type of person, but it's been a while since anyone has had any interest in him in this prospect of his life.

Every time something like this was about to happen the other person would bolt saying he's "too much" for them or that he doesn't know how to have a conversation, he only knows how to have a monologue and, last but not least, he just talks too much.

He heard that throughout his whole life ever since he learned how to speak.

As a child, that really got to Seungkwan's head. Thinking it's bad to be passionate about things, he shouldn't be so excited, only so much and talk when asked and the bare minimum, obviously he could not do that, it just isn't who he is, however it did not help him feel any better about himself that he should not go against his nature. It only made him hate it. As a teenager, he felt more confident about it, if he wanted to grow in life, get into an awesome university and finally, grow as a designer. With his speaking he could win debates easily and keep people entertained enough so they would want to hear him, even if it just for laughs. And, well, it got him here, very close to his dream so he couldn't say that he hates himself (and therapy helped him see how incredible he is specially for not letting go of his personality).