Along Came A Sister

"Hey, Frank." Linka waves slightly at their class pet, Frank. The spider.

 "Frank! Over here, buddy!" The rest of the class shouts waving wildly to catch the littlest bit of attention from him.

 "He's so cool!" Claire shouts, pressing her face up against the glass.

Mr. Johnson sighs, picking up a class full of different colored pencils and taps it with a single red pen. The kind teachers use for grading. "Now, before we pack up, I need a volunteer to look after Frank this weekend while I'm out of town."

Immediately the class erupts in glee all eager to have the class pet in their home.

"Come on, please, Mr. Johnson! Me! Me!" Linka shouts, waving one hand in the air higher than all the rest of her classmates. Successfully catching the attention of her teacher.

"Linka."

Linka's eyes shine as all the other students moan in disappointment.  "Yes!"

"Way to go, Linka!" Claire yells grabbing onto Linka's side and hugging her.

"Now, Linka, this is a major responsibility. Frank needs to be fed twice and under no circumstances should he be let out of his cage. Unlike me this weekend." He chuckles flirtatiously thinking about how great this weekend was gonna be.

All the kids glance to each other and shift away from their teacher nervously. Knowing exactly what he's talking about.

Linka smiles, paying no mind to all the creeped out looks their teacher is getting from the other students. "Well, see you Monday, Mr. Johnson!"

....
Linka fist bumps the air the best she can with Frank in her hands. "This is going to be the best weekend ever."

Claire bites her lip and glances around nervously. "I'm not so sure, Linka... Remember last year."

Claire flashbacks to when she was dressed as a spider and went over to Linka's house. "Trick or tre-"

"Ah! Spider!" Claire shivers remembering Loni spraying her with bug repellent.

"I stunk for a week!"

Linka laughs, "That's just Loni, I think I can handle it." Claire's eyes widen as she reaches and grips tightly onto Linka's shoulders.

"But remember last week?"

Claire looks up remembering when she, Linka, and (Y/n) were playing around and trying on old halloween costumes.

(Y/n) was a cat, Linka was her favorite superhero and Claire came out wearing her spider costume.
"At least this time I can't get spraye-"

"Ah! Spider!" Claire looks up right as she gets smacked in the face by (Y/n) and her baseball bat that she keeps inside her room for protection.

"Ow..I can still feel it." Claire groans rubbing the spot on her cheek that (Y/n) hit. Linka gulps, "Don't worry, I've got a plan."

Claire watches as Linka hurries off and glances to the readers. "Now I'm worried."

....
Linka gets inside the house and sighs, Okay step one... Done.

"AHH! Spider!" She freezes. Or not! She watches in terror as Loni runs by screaming as Lane comes forward with a plastic spider on a string.

"Phew. That was close."

"What was close?" Linka jumps, pushing Frank and his cage behind her as (Y/n) comes out of the kitchen eating an apple.

"Um.. girl stuff!" Linka shouts before rushing upstairs, careful to make sure (Y/n) or Loni can't see the giant spider in her hands.

"Hmm.. that was weird." (Y/n) hums before shrugging and throwing the apple behind her carelessly.