Chapter 11- The Talk

Aurellie's POV-

After a while I did slow down to the speed limit and, Claire sat there holding her chest. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth when I glance over at her. Her face was pink once again. She glared at me then looked out the windshield and crossed her arm over her chest. "Awww, come on. You gotta admit it was a rush." I said to her. She huffed and looked out her window but, I could see the smile on her face.

Then she looked at me. "Soo, Story time?" She asked. I raised one eyebrow to her. " You expect me to just believe you're just a mermaid without question?" She asked. Smiling at her sass slightly, I began to explain.

"Okay, so I know it's a huge stretch to believe I am but, you have seen my tail. To start off, I was born this way. My parents were, so it made sense I was. I could show you but, I'll have to be in water." She nodded her head. Then Lyric spoke up from the back, "How come you live on land when you can live in water?". "I wanted to get out. Explore the land for a while. The ocean may be big and beautiful but, it does get boring and sometimes lonely. So my aunt got me a house when I was 15. It was lonely at first but, then I got Chance and he is great company.". "Wait, you lived with your aunt? Why?". I sighed and, gripped and ungripped the steering wheel, then said in a sad defeated voice. "They died. Murdered really. It happened when I was three. My aunt told me that within our kingdom we had a traitor that wanted me and my parents dead. They were royalty. The king and queen. The traitor and his allies attacked the kingdom. Tearing down and rampaging. Killing. My parents wasn't the ones to stand by and watch their kingdom go down and its people in agony. So they went out to help. Before my mom left, she gave me this necklace." I clutched it with one hand. "It makes me feel that they're still here with me. My mom put me in my aunts care before leaving. I believe she somehow knew she wouldn't make it back." A tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cry.". Then I felt a soft, warm hand hold mine. Looking over, I saw Claire holding my hand with a sad smile. "Never apologize for crying." Then she rubbed her thumb on the back of my hand. I squeezed it and, smiled a little. Then Lyric spoke up again. "Would you ever get another dog? If so, can I have Chance?". "LYRIC!" Claire said and glared back at the little girl. Laughing slightly, I answered her, "Sorry shorty, but Chance is a companion for life to me.". I heard her huff out a breath. After that, we talked aimlessly then, I turned on the radio and sang to the songs goofily til we got to the place.

Lyric looked out the window and read out the words on the building, "Zoned Out. What is this place?". Smiling and turning off the car, I said, "My heaven.".

A/N- Soo what'd you think? Comment and vote maybe?? Sorry it's so short, the next will be longer. Honestly, all who reads this is the real MVP. Okay, peace.

-Leyah ✌️