February 18th, 11:06 PM

They’re lounging on Cas’s sofa in the living room of his house when he says it.

“What’s Grey’s Anatomy?”

Dean looked up from Cas’s copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, staring at his soulmate, who was looking at Dean, notes in hand.

Seriously, that guy never takes a break from studying. 

The mechanic furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember. That name sounded familiar, he faintly remembered Sam making a joke about it when he found out what Cas’s occupation was going to be. 

“Isn’t that some shit drama doctor show?”

“Huh…” Cas replied, unimpressed.

“Yeah, yeah I remember. It’s a really old medical TV show, but it focused mainly on the doctor’s love lives or something. Why?”

“A few of my classmates were talking about how amazing it was today after the lecture.”

Dean snorted, commenting that it was really famous back then, but  a lot of people deemed it to be inaccurate. 

Cas shrugged and went back to looking over his notes, when another idea stuck to Dean’s mind. 

“Wait, Cas, do you even watch TV?”

The Milton looked up as if he had never even considered the possibility. 

“No.”

“What?! Why not?”

“TV’s a waste of time and rots your brain.”

Dean snorted, personally offended. “That’s not true!”

Cas shrugged, going back to his reading; Dean, however, had other ideas. 

He swiped the notes from Cas, earning a sharp “Hey!”, and tossed them aside, grabbing the remote in the process. Elbowing Cas in the side as the Milton tried to get ahold of his notes, Dean sat back and turned on the huge flatscreen TV. 

“I’ve made it my personal duty to get you to watch TV.”

The Winchester ignored a groan from his soulmate until another thought occurred to him as he was flipping through the channels.

“You watch movies, though, right?”

Dean didn't even wait for an answer, he already knew that Cas was shaking his head beside him. Getting up, he walked to the cabinet beside the TV and started going through the Milton DVD collection. A few moments passed where Dean just flipped through the cases with Cas staring intently at his back. 

“Dude, you have the entire collection of all Harry Potter movies ever made, and you’ve never watched it?!”

“My aunt gave them to me,” Cas replied, indifferent, “but I never watched them because I know the books are better.”

The mechanic scoffed, opening the case for the first movie and popping the DVD in. Getting back on the couch, Dean turned to his soulmate and squeezed his arm gently, forcing Cas to look at him.

“If you hate it, at least I’ll be watching so I can make sarcastic remarks about every single thing they do.”

Cas smiled and leaned into Dean, resting his head on the mechanic’s shoulder. It was weird; they had known each other and had started officially dating for quite a while, but Dean still felt fireworks explode in his stomach every time his soulmate smiled at him or touched him. He was still over the moon when he thought about the fact that Cas was his.