(:

Steve was very busy being pressed against a wall in his home by his new boyfriend when there came a firm knock on his door. For a moment, he didn't react in the slightest. The knock came a second time, louder, more pronounced.

"Wait, wait!" Steve said, pulling his head back, "I do probably need to get that."

Bucky stepped back, letting go of Steve's shoulders with a mildly dazed smile. "Okay."

Steve was panting just a little bit, red in the face, as he went into the other room to get the front door. Bucky stood back, trying to get his hair to lie flat again after the mess of a brown tuft that it had become over the course of the past hour. 

There was a loud creak as Steve pulled the door open, as always forgetting to look in the peephole before doing so. There was a moment of silence that seemed to stretch out for almost a century.

"Good afternoon, Steve, you look well." Bucky heard a chipper female voice remark after a bit.

For a moment that was probably too long, Steve said nothing.

"Well, are you going to invite me in, or shall we just stand here letting the cold air into your home?" The young woman asked. It wasn't phrased rudely, seeming to be more a jest than anything. Whoever the girl was, she clearly felt very familiar speaking so candidly to Steve. Bucky, humming softly to himself as he made almost no progress in fixing his hair, wondered absently who could possibly at the door.

"Wha... what are you doing here?" Steve asked, voice prickly and dry.

"Oh, yes," The girl's voice came in response, chuckling slightly, "I've decided to come to college in the area next semester, so I'm moving in for good this time. Figured I'd drop by to see how you've been after these years."

"Oh, uh, okay. If you don't mind my asking, why'd you choose a college here rather than back home?" Steve, flustered, tried to come up with something, anything to say.

"Better opportunities here in my field."She said simply.

"Yeah, I guess." Steve replied.

Bucky, giving up on his hair, let his curiosity get the better of him and stepped toward the door. Standing there was an extremely put together young woman who couldn't have been more than a year older than him. Her short brown hair bobbed slightly in the cold breeze. As Bucky stepped into the entryway, he caught the tail end of what she was saying:

"Besides, you still owe me that dance."