Prologue

Ruby POV
Fire
Air
Water
Earth

We were born into a world of peace. The five nations stood united and under the guidance of the Avatar of the time, a waterbender named Ozpin, seemed to be growing closer by the day. But then tragedy struck. A group calling themselves "The Queen's Gambit" in turn with The Equalists lead an attack on Republic City and brought it to its knees, crippling it in a day. Not many people know what really happened there fourteen years ago but my uncle along with our parents were living there at the time. They saw what The Queen's Gambit could do, they tried to fight back as a city fell to hoards of Dark Spirits. And worst of all watched as Salem the head of the organization killed my mother and the avatar. With the loss of Republic City the five nations have fallen into chaos and disarray and with no avatar to guide them towards peace some nations are threatening war. There is no shining beacon of hope in the world as Dark Spirits spread across the globe and Salem and her cohorts continue to divide us. But hope still exists, it glows like an ember in a cold hearth, just waiting to be fanned into a flame. The avatar still lives, no one has been able to find them, in fact with Zaofu closing their borders and the Fire Nation becoming increasingly more hostile the search has seemingly been placed on hold but I believe, and I have hope. That is why I, along with the help of my half sister Yang are going to look for them ourselves. It's a big risk to go out to travel the world when everyone seems to be one step away from total chaos but the world needs the Avatar, it needs balance, and as an air nomad it's my duty to do whatever I can to try and make the world a safer place and to restore balance to the world.