Chapter 1: Hi...

I woke up to the quiet buzzing of my alarm clock. Sighing, I rolled over to my stomach and turned it off. Before getting out though, I quickly checked the time. It was 4:30 on the dot. I heaved another deep sigh. "It's gonna be a looooong day today." I whisper to myself, sorting through my clothes so that I can get dressed. I pulled out my normal wear; a mid sleeved black t-shirt, a set of grey skinny jeans with tears at the knee, and combat boots. After getting that on, I slipped on my cloak, headset, and special locket. The locket was the only thing I had in remberance in my former best friend, named Jaquelin. It was a black choke collar with a small music box shaped locket at the end. When you open it, you can see a tiny picture of her and myself reading are favorite books. A little tune plays when you open it as well. It plays "Devil's Train" which was Jaquelin's favorite song.

The locket always brought back the sad memories of us. But she's long gone now. And for the same reason that I will leave this world soon as well. And that cause, is cancer. Lung cancer to be exact. Both of us developed it from second hand smoking. Most likely from our parents or our Adoption Center owner, Ms. Hannigan. A Demon in disguise, one might say. I sighed, wiping a tear away from remberance of my forgotten friend.

But I still had to set myself to work. I headed down the stairs, trying to creak as little as possible. Once I got to the kitchen, I started breakfast. Checking the recipes, I made a simple breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I began setting the table for all of the other girls. I wasn't really allowed to eat with the rest of them, because I was seen as 'contagious'. Once I had finally finished, I headed back upstairs and pulled out my small journal and pencil. After thinking for a moment, I began to sketch.

I drew until I heard the birds tweeting outside my window. Being the animal loving person I am, I opened the window and whistled back to them. The bluejay, which was the bird nesting in the tree next to my window, flew over towards me, knowing that she could trust me completely.

I listened to the peace and quiet serenity until I glanced at the clock. "7:55!!!" I shouted quietly to myself. "The girls wake up at 8:00!!!" I quickly tore down the stairs, waiting for them to come down so I could serve them their food. That's when my daily troubles begin...