Lost & Found

Alright, I sighed, searching through his drawers, trying to find that one jacket, the one she wore all the time, the one that was his. Boyfriend, my boyfriend's jacket, the one that was from where she lived. California, LA, I always thought she must be an awful person for living there, but in truth she wasn't that bad. Doubting her good qualities was something I did from first hearing about her, she hurt him, my boyfriend, and from everything I'd heard about her she was the bad guy. Ex-girlfriends, and ex-boyfriends alike, were difficult and painful to talk about, there was always a reason you broke up. Fights, cheating, so many other reasons. Good reasons could be easy to find, sometimes people aren't perfect. He was perfect - perfect for me, he had to be- I made him that way, but he was misaligned with her.

     I went back to searching through the drawer. Just in case the assumption is that I'm stealing for him, I want you to know you're wrong, I'm technically not stealing, but returning what is lost. Kassidy - his ex-girlfriend and I grew closer after I confronted her to see what she was really like. Like, why did she hurt him? My boyfriend. Never did I expect that what happened was the other way around. Of course, he had never hurt me, and I knew he was trying to improve himself, trying really hard, and I wanted to support him, but it didn't change the fact that their relationship didn't work, but ours would. Perhaps in a way, I am stealing, but for a good reason. Quite a good reason - these old clothes, these old hats, and other objects having to do with Los Angeles California... they were all hers. Right there, there it was, I picked up the sweater from the bottom of the drawer, folding and tidying the rest of the clothes I had horribly disheveled on my way to the jacket that belonged to my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. Silently I crept across the floor, although I was the only one home. Tucking the sweater into my bag, I slung it over my shoulders and grabbed my keys. Unfortunately, my boyfriend might come back home from work before I returned from my exchange with Kassidy, I would make up that I had to get something at the store, and I could do that on the way home from the rendezvous - he would know if I was lying- he just would. Vrrooom. Whispered the engine of my old car. Xavier, I had a feeling, knew I was up to something. Yet, never brought it up to me. Zealously, I left on my mission... my mission of redemption and returning lost objects.