-CHAPTER 7-

Kiara's POV

I quickly got ready for work. I went for a natural look on my eyes and red lipstick. I wore a black lace top with a white suit-pant and black heels.

 I wore a black lace top with a white suit-pant and black heels

I took my purse and looked in the mirror one last time. I put my hair into a tight ponytail.

I grabbed the coffee Maria made and drove to my office. After saying all the good mornings, I made my way to my room. Tyler came in with my schedule and told me all the important stuff that I should know before signing the deals of alliance and agreements.

Many businessmen came and I signed the papers. Few of them were even hitting on me. God.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Please, come in." I was my meeting with Mr Lockhart. I heard the door open.

"Please make yourself comfortable," I said without turning. I was finding the papers needed.

"Thank you" I heard a familiar voice.

"So nice to finally meet you Mr Lockhe- "I turned to greet him but stopped when I realised he wasn't Lockhart.

"He wasn't available at the moment, but ill be doing his deals too," Ian said. Seeming weirdly calm as he scanned my outfit up to down.

I didn't know what to say. I mean not like I was expecting him here. Not right now at least.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr Parker." I gave my hand in for a handshake. He took it and then fixed his suit.

"Likewise. Please, call me Ian." He smiled. Okay.

"Would you mind waiting for a minute so I can print the papers? I seem to have lost mine."

"Sure, take your time"

I went out of the room. To breathe. Wow. It's just a formal meeting. Just discuss the deal, sign the paper and he'll leave. I got the prints and made my way back.

We finally got the deals done. There were many awkward minutes of silence and stares. He looked too handsome. Wtf Kiara focus.

"Pleasure doing business with you Ian. Forward my regards to Mr Lockhart." I said hoping he'll leave. I was tired and I didn't want him here. Not anymore.

He nodded.

"So how have you been? When did you come back here?" he asked. Fuck. I know where this will lead to.

"Just a few days ago. I was working from Cal, but my uncle thought it would be better if I worked from the office. And yeah I've been doing great" I said forcing a smile. he listened to my words but didn't say anything. There was so much tension between us.

"How have you been? I heard you came back last year?" I said finally breaking the silence that I couldn't stand anymore.

"I'm good. Thanks. Yeah, I came here last year."

"How is Alex?" I asked. Alex was his dad; his mom had died when he was a kid.

"Dad died 4 years ago"
"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss."

He looked at me for a few seconds.

"I really messed up, didn't I? All those years- "

"Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come here." I cut him off. I didn't want to hear what he was gonna say. I looked into his eyes. They were dark.

"Thanks for having us Kiara," he said before leaving.

I was alone in my office. My mind filled with memories of the past.

6 years ago, ...

I couldn't believe he left. Just like that. What did I do wrong? Only three weeks back he told me he loved me and asked me to be his girlfriend. Then why.

I was crying for the past three days. Its been a week Ian left. I don't know where he went. He didn't even say goodbye.

As I was crying I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Sam standing there. He looked at me with eyes filled with pain and pity.

"I found out where he is. I am taking the first flight to Texas. I don't know why he is there, but I'm going to find out."
"Can I come with you?"
"That's why I came here. Pack your stuff, Kia. Let's go." He hugged me as more tears fell from my face.

I went and quickly packed a few clothes and my charger. We left for the airport and soon we were on our way to Texas. My mind went crazy with the millions of thoughts running around. I fell asleep. I haven't been able to sleep properly for days. My eyes were swollen from all the crying. The under-eye bags were clearly visible. We reached around 4 in the afternoon. Sam quickly got us a cab and told the directions to where I believe he was. We finally reached and I rushed to the entrance and knocked. A lady opened the door. She looked quite old but was fit. She wore a cook's uniform.

"Can I help you miss?" she asked me as she eyed me.

"Yes, I'm here to meet Ian Parker. Is he here?"
"Yes, ma'am boss is at home. He is in the- "she was stopped by the voice of a man.

"Go back to the kitchen." He said firmly.

She quickly ran to where I believe was the kitchen. I looked over at the man. He looked sick. He had a similar feature to those of Ian.

"I'm Alex, Alex Parker, Ian's father. How can I help you?" Father? Ian told me he had a dad, but he never said he lived in Texas.

"We are here to meet Ian. Our friend" Sam came from behind me and spoke.

"Oh. Welcome, please come in. Ian is there in the backyard." He pointed towards the door behind him. I thanked him before going there.

I was nervous. I was sad. Why did he leave without telling me?

As I stepped into the back yard and walked around in search of him.

My body froze. I couldn't believe my eyes....

--------

Heyyy a long chapter. I hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote ;)

Love,

- R.N.