Prologue

My name is Evelyn Grimhilde. Everyone calls me Evie. I am the daughter of the Evil Queen. My best friend Mal, daughter of Maleficent, was always there for me growing up. See my mom wanted me to be a princess someday, so she "trained" me. I was forced to stand on my toes with books on my head, and if I dropped one, or couldn't stay on my toes, a bunch of nails went into the bottom of my foot. She forced me to cook and clean. If I made food wrong, she burned me on the stove, if I missed a spot cleaning, she would make me re-clean the whole castle. When I met Mal, my life changed. I no longer had to clean all day, I was able to leave the castle. Mal became my best friend. She took me on adventures around the Isle and introduced me to Jay and Carlos. Jay is the son of Jafar, Carlos the son of Cruella. Soon we were the most feared kids on the Isle. I didn't want people scared of me, but Mal, Carlos, and Jay were my best friends. Then one day I realized I had feelings for Mal. I told her because I didn't know what they meant. Mal liked me back. We started dating. It was like normal, but 10x better. Dates, hand holding, eventually kisses. One day Mal came over to my castle. We went up to my room, and we were sitting on my bed. She kissed me, and I pushed her away. I was scared, my mom could walk in at any time. Mal convinced me that it was okay. We were on my bed making out, when my mom walks in. She screamed at me, called me names, forced Mal to leave. I was in tears. My mom grabbed me by my hair, and dragged me to the dungeons. She shoved me  in a closet full of nails and glass shards. I got cut, and was bleeding, She locked me in there for 2 days, with enough food and water to keep me from dying. She finally dragged me out of it, and made me clean. She continued her "training" . She acted as if nothing happened. She allowed me to see Mal, but not alone anymore. Mal and I secretly met up some nights. Everything changed that night that Prince Ben came to the Isle.