Chapter Twelve

Later that night Khun and Bam exchanged a few messages arranging the stream for the next day. They never spoke of what nearly happened in Bams apartment but that didn't stop Khun from thinking about it.

He replayed the scene many times in his head, wondering exactly what would have happened if Rachel hadn't turned up. Their lips were so close to touching, he remembered the sensation. Heat overwhelming his body, his lips and ears tingling as his heart felt like it would burst from his chest. He toyed with the question as to whether they would have stopped at just kissing.

Filling his mind with an endless stream of thoughts, daydreams and fantasies, Khun had no problem falling asleep that night.

When Khun awoke the next morning, his first thought was of Bam. His memories replayed what had almost happened and Khun grew excited. He was excited to get to speak to Bam again later that day, albeit over stream with viewers watching. The experience Bam had given him the previous day had given Khun confidence. Before, he was scared of his feelings for the younger man, of speaking them out loud and things changing. But, if things just happened the same way they had, acting on impulse and emotion rather than having to say their feelings out loud, Khun thought it wouldn't be so bad to change things up.

Lying in bed, still high on life, Khun knew it was going to be a good day when he picked up his phone. He had a couple of messages, the first from Shibisu demanding to know when he and Viole had become such good friends after seeing them together on Rachels vlog, but it was the second message that really put him in high spirits.

'Morning beautiful, I had a really good dream about you last night. I can't wait to see you later.'

A grin easily filled Khuns face as he giddily replied.

'Morning, you'll only see me through the camera so don't get too excited. What was your dream about?'

Khun rolled out of bed to take a shower whilst he waited for a reply. Fortunately Bam had replied by the time he had finished his shower.

'I'm always happy to get to see your face, even if it is only through a screen. You want to know about my dream? It's a secret!'

'Aaaww, come one don't be like that! Now I really want to know!'

Bam refused to give Khun the details of his dream only making him more curious. After a few attempts, Khun gave up trying to figure out what it was though he had some idea seeing as Bam wanted to keep it secret. The rest of the day, the pair exchanged messages talking about anything they could think of to keep the conversation going. They eventually stopped messaging each other when they replaced their phones with headsets as they set up their streams.

"Hey Bam, you ready for the stream?"

"Of course I am, are you?"

Khun wriggled his body as the sound of Bam's voice in his ear sent a tingling sensation running down his spine.

"Yup, I'm ready to go."

"Okay, countdown is on!"

The two then busied themselves making sure their streams were working as they should, until Bam started up the conversation again.

"Oh yeah, the vlog last night? Rachels viewers absoultely loved you appearing on it."

"Really?"

"Honest! In fact, they were asking if you would be appearing more often or if you had plans to do your own vlog."

Khun snorted at this.

"As if, I have no interest in recording my daily life for the pleasure of others. It wouldn't be very exciting to watch anyway."

"I'm sure that's not true! I'd love to watch you every minute of the day if I could."

Embarrased, Khun turned the conversation around.

"What about you? If they have asked me to vlog then I'm sure they have asked you the same thing."

"Hmmm, they have but I guess I appear on Rachels vlogs often enough that I don't really feel like I need to do my own. Rachel thought the same thing as well."

"Haha, that's probably because you'd steal all of her viewers!"

Khun cackled at the thought. He could just imagine Rachel panicking and begging Bam to stop his vlogs because all of her viewers had flocked to him.

"That's not true!"

Bam couldn't disguise the smile, he was infected by Khuns evil laughter.

"Oh, we're about to go live."

Their conversation came to a stop as the countdown entered its final last few seconds. Introducing their stream, they soon started playing games showing off their impeccable teamwork and superior skills. It was a couple of hours into the stream and the two streamers decided to call for a ten minute break. They spoke offline so the viewers couldn't hear.

"Tonight's stream is gong well Khun, you've really improved at these Battle Royale games."

"You think? I think I still have a way to go, I'm good at killing people it's the rest that I'm still not sure about."

"Could've fooled me. Anyway, I'm kind of hungry."

"Mmm, food sounds good but I think I'll wait until later. I don't think I have any food in the house so I might need to order something...."

In the silence that ensued, Khun thoughtfully tried to remember the last time he went shopping for food, until Bams concerned tone interrupted his thoughts.

"Oh Khun.... I'm sorry, a very serious emergency has just come up and I'm going to have to jump off the stream. There's a delivery I have to make, I think it might be a matter of life or death."

The serious change in atmosphere worried Khun, he assumed Bam had received a text or something causing him to need to leave.

"No it's completely fine, I hope everything's fine."

"It will be soon. I'll see you later."

Bam quickly signed off the stream leaving Khun to return alone and explain to the viewers.

"Um, hey guys... so Viole had an emergency come up and he had to shoot off but I'll keep streaming for a little while longer. Sorry to disappoint you."

The chat filled with messages hoping that Viole was okay and nothing bad had happened. Khun tried to play down any concerns their viewers had, trying to convince himself in the process.

I really hope he's okay....

Khun continued the stream not wanting to disappoint their viewers any further. He was slightly distracted but managed to keep it together, although he was frequently checking his phone for messages from Bam, hoping for an update.

It was turning into a very unusual night as Khun continued the stream. About an hour after Viole had disappeared, Khun heard his intercom ring. Checking the time, it was about 10pm and he thought it would be too late for a delivery driver to be out and he wasn't expecting anything to be delivered.

It must be for a neighbour...

Khun decided to ignore the intercom assuming it was a delivery for a neighbour that must be out or asleep already. His intercom rang again shortly after and, starting to get annoyed, he ignored the buzzing once more. The stream chat was alerting him to the sound of the intercom and he told them to ignore it. It was only on the sound of the third attempt, just as Khuns game came to an end, that he frustatedly threw his hands in the air.

"For Gods sake, get the idea that I don't want to answer! I'll be right back guys."

He switched his screen to BRB as he stomped through his apartment to answer the intercom. He was preparing himself to let the person outside really have it as he pressed the button to activate the camera.

Khun's eyes opened wide as his mouth hung open and he stammered in his shock.

"Wh-what the hell are you doing here!?"