Part 12

Stiles' POV

I sat at my desk, working on some homework with the police scanner on in the background. I had my suit on just in case something came up. I didn't have to wait long though because after about 15 minutes a call came in from my dad on the scanner.

"Calling all units, we have a major incident on the highway to downtown. Reports of a giant 'dinosaur' rampaging through traffic. Emergency services are on route but will most likely get caught in the traffic. I need all units responding to leave current job and to make this their highest priority. Over"

Shit this sounds serious. I grabbed my mask, put it on and jumped out the window.

———————————————————————
Lydia's POV

Ugh sitting in traffic on the highway really isn't how I wanted to spend my night, but hey mom needed groceries for dinner tomorrow night and I wanted to be a helpful daughter, but man did that come back to bite me in the arse.

Seriously it's been 20 minutes and I still haven't moved. What is so bad that it has brought this highway to a standstill. My thoughts were interrupted people started running away from theirs cars screaming. Now that can't be good.

My car was pushed up against the side by another car trapping me inside. I knew something was about to happen, I could feel it. I tried kicking the window to see if it would break and I could climb out but I stopped when I heard a thud on my roof. There was something up there and they must of been huge because they made a dent. I tried to stay as still as possible not wanting to make any noise that could trigger whatever is on my roof.

A couple of seconds later I heard it leap off my room and it landed on a black limo a few cars down from me. It was no man it kind of looked like a kanima but much, much bigger and greener; more lizard like. I kicked my window again and it eventually broke, I climbed out and hid at the side of my car. I watched as the Lizard tried to attack whoever was in the car, ripping at the roof and tearing of the door. Eventually it picked the car up, holding it over its head. It was going to throw the car over the side of the highway. Suddenly I heard something behind me like someone swinging, I turned round and saw him.... it was the guy who saved the boy from the burning building. As the lizard threw the car off the side, the suited man swung towards it shouting "incoming" as he brought two feet to the creatures head. As it was disoriented the man quickly shot something from his wrist that attached to the falling car and used his super strength (which I am guessing he has cause no mortal could stop a car from falling with what looked like string) to attach it to the side of the highway before it hit the floor. The lizard creature was clearly spooked upon the suited persons arrival and made a b-line to leave coming straight towards me. I made a move to run but the suited person obviously noticed and swung towards me and whooshed me of my feet out of the path of the lizard.

We swung for a few blocks I'm guessing as I had my face buried into the mans neck, gripping onto him for dear life for most of the journey, whilst letting out a few screams at how fast we were swinging. We finally landed on a quiet street and i let go.

"Are you ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah, yeah thank you" I replied.

"No problem" he kind of sounded familiar but couldn't really tell it was a bit muffled from the mask.

———————————————————————
Stiles' POV

I can't believe I just saved Lydia and she has no idea it was me. I turned to try and swing away to avoid any questions that I knew she would ask but obviously my luck had run out.

"Wait, wait" she shouted, before I could leave.
"Who are you?"

Shit. I can't tell her it's me, although I really want to tell her I mean come on it's Lydia but not right now. I need a codename; I mean I am technically a superhero so I at least deserve a cool name. Cmon Stiles think, think......

"I'm Spiderman" I stated and before she could ask anymore questions I swung away.

As I got home that night I couldn't help but think about the creature on the highway. I looked like a kanima but it was different, bigger and more reptile, more like a lizard. I had to find out more about it and the only person I know that specialises in reptiles is Dr Connors. So I guess I will be paying him a visit.

———————————————————————
So another part, I know it late but because of that I am treating you to another part tonight, which should be up shortly. Anyway hope you enjoyed.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW