Page 8

"Go to your dorms," McGonagall told Harry and I. We left and I was really shaken up. So was Harry.

"Carissa!" Draco ran over. I looked down and he hugged me. "Are you okay?"

"Your mom and dad say hi," I said and he let go of me.

"They were there?"

"Are you a death eater too, Malfoy?" Harry snapped. "Stay away from my sister!" Harry pulled me and I went to my dorm. The professors excused me from their classes the rest of the week and I felt better. Harry was excused too. Draco would come into my room once in a while and fill me in on that day's lesson. Draco walked into my room one day and set homework on the table. He sat on a chair and I sat on the bed.

"Are you feeling any better about Diggory?" Draco asked me.

"I wasn't close to him like Harry was, Draco. I don't have feelings that he died," I said. "As cruel as that may seem, it's the truth. I'm coming to class tomorrow and I don't care what teachers say." Draco nodded and got his homework out as I started mine.

"Are you going to the Weasley's for break?" Draco asked.

"Yes," I stated.

"You should come to the manor."

"I'm not sure your parents would like that, Draco."

"Don't be silly. Of course they would."

"Here. Why don't you send them an owl and ask if they're okay?"

"I did, in fact. Here's the letter back. 'Draco, my dear, of course. Carissa is always welcome at the Manor so make sure she knows that. I suppose it can be her home away from home. She'll be safe here as well, so please, do bring her. Mummy.'"

"Mummy?" I asked.

"So what?" Draco asked, narrowing his eyes.

"You're such a mummy's boy," I teased and he smiled.

"Alright, well, Potter, at least I have a mum to go home to."

"Oh, you did not just go there," I smiled.

"I think I just did," Draco said and I threw a pillow at him. He chuckled and threw it right back. I laughed and set it aside. "I don't mean to offend you."

"You don't," I smiled. "So don't worry." He nodded and we finished homework together. I went to class the next day even though I still was excused for a couple more days. The professors were surprised but didn't question anything. Even Snape. I was in his class and just thought to myself. Maybe he and the other professors thought that I'd break if they said anything about Cedric. I was perfectly fine. I was able to continue my classes and I knew the material we were learning.

"Miss Potter, why don't you tell me what's in a polyjuice potion? Perhaps you might know the material we're working on since Mr. Malfoy has been bringing you your work," Snape said. Bloody legilimency.

"It's ingredients include fluxweed, knotgrass, lacewing flies, leeches, powdered Bicorn horn, and shredded Boomslang skin," I stated.

"Correct," Snape hissed and turned away, going back to his lesson. A paper bird was suddenly flown to me and landed next to me. That's when Snape suddenly picked it up and opened it.

"Mr. Crabbe and Mr. Goyle, detention with me for another month," Snape said and took the letter. He noticed Draco hiding a bird and narrowed his eyes. "I suggest you put that away, Mr. Malfoy, before you join them." We heard scrambling and Draco put it away. Snape finished the lesson and we had lunch in the Great Hall. I sat by my lonesome self and all the professors still watched me. I made eye contact with Loren. She did ASL to me and I responded.

Loren: Are you alright?

Me: I'm fine. I wasn't close to Cedric.

Loren: Still, Harry's out.

Me: He cried when Cedric died. He's sentimental.

Loren: You're just a psychopath and sociopath.

Me: Probably.

She was tapped on the shoulder by Luna Lovegood and they started a conversation. I sighed and felt a presence behind me.

"Hey-" Crabbe and Goyle started, but I rammed both my elbows back. Right into their groins. They groaned and stumbled away. Draco came over and sat with me, facing me.

"What were the hands about?" He asked.

"I'm just bored," I shrugged.

"Aren't you hungry?"

"No."

"Are you sentimental?"

"No, Draco," I gave him a glare and he smiled.

"Sure..." He said and I shook my head. Just then, owls flew in and dropped letters for us. I got one and sighed.

"Why is your mother sending me letters?" I asked.

"She is?" Draco snatched the letter from me and Pansy and Blaise ran over with Crabbe and Goyle.

"You got a letter from Draco's mum?" They yelled and Fred and George laughed from the other table.

"Draco's mum is sending letters to his little crush!" They said.

"Well, open it!" Blaise said.

"It's yours to open," Draco handed it to me and I opened it. I quickly read through it and I smiled, softly. "What?" Draco asked.

"Your mum personally wants to take me shopping because she never got a daughter. She got a 'pesky little son who doesn't care about his mother's feelings' and she wants me to be like her daughter," I smiled.

"Ooh!" Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle said.

"She also said to tell you to open yours." Draco opened his and it was a howler.

"Yes, Draco Malfoy, I sent her that letter. And yes I told her you were a pesky little son who doesn't care about his mother's feelings! She's staying at the Manor for the Christmas Winter break and you will make her feel welcome, do you understand me? Good!" Narcissa yelled and everyone was staring. The letter ripped itself apart and Fred and George broke out laughing. Draco immediately threw them a glare and they laughed harder.

"Boys!" I snapped and they shut up. "It's not like you two haven't gotten your fair share of howlers." They realized I was right and immediately stopped. Everyone went back to their talking and eating, and Draco focused on me again.