I'm Sorry

Some days it's hard to see
If I was a fool, or you, a thief
Made it through the maze to find my one in a million
And now you're just a page torn from the story I'm living

Ahsoka Tano felt the weight of her lightsaber on her hand.

The first time she built it, the countless missions with her Master, so many memories came back. But now they were just that, memories.

All the Jedi were dead, the Republic had fallen, and she could no longer sense Anakin. Anakin, the person who taught her, who never doubted her innocence and proved that she wasn't guilty, the older brother she never had.

"Anakin, good luck!"

Those were the last words she said to him. Why had she acted so cold and distant towards him? Obi-Wan may have deserved it but not Anakin. Sure, things were awkward because she left the Order, but she could have acted differently.

And all I gave you is gone
Tumbled like it was stone
Thought we built a dynasty that heaven couldn't shake
Thought we built a dynasty like nothing ever made
Thought we built a dynasty forever couldn't break up

Why did this have to happen? They were so close to ending the war. Why did it all have to fall apart?

And all because of a chip.

A chip that turned the clones against the Jedi and killed them.

They were all gone, and she could have saved them.

The scar I can't reverse
When the more it heals the worse it hurts
Gave you every piece of me, no wonder it's missing
Don't know how to be so close to someone so distant

Maul had warned her about Sidious, but she refused to listen because of what he said about Anakin. Why didn't she help him? Maybe if she had joined him, none of this would have happened.

Ahsoka was trying not to cry, but it was becoming more difficult by the minute. Everyone she ever knew and cared about was gone. Why had she survived? She wasn't even a Jedi. It wasn't fair; none of it was.

"I'm sorry," she said and dropped her lightsaber.

She truly was sorry. Master Plo, Master Kenobi, Rex, Master Skywalker . . . they weren't here anymore. She wondered if Padmé had survived, she truly hoped that at least someone she knew was still alive.

She didn't have anyone else anymore.

Once again, Ahsoka Tano was lost, but this time, truly alone.

It all fell down