Chapter 17- "The Coup"

*Third Person's pnt. of view*

The Alpha's sudden and unannounced appearance sent a wave of horrific gasps around the throne room, and as he began advancing down the hall, his brown eyes set on the green eyed king, the members of the royal council, and the gossipy lot which had filled the hall all cowered away in caution. A few steps behind him, James and Kade we also walking in. 

Adelina kept her eyes on Maynard, though she smiled internally, while simply releasing a soft sigh. The brown eyes she had wished to see since the first day of trial were finally here, and for that she was grateful.

The Alpha, Beta, and Omega continued their confident march all the way to the base of the throne, where the Luna stood, their eyes forward, their steps well measured. As they did so, Maynard felt the anger rushing up his spine, and all over his brain, meanwhile the excited pumping of his heart sent his blood running and boiling through his veins, so much that he could hear it in his ears. Daphne felt close to losing consciousness, she could barely breathe. At the Alpha's arrival, she knew that there was no way she and her brother would make it out of this alive, and if they did manage to escape, well it would be by the skin of their teeth. 

Aaron who had remained silent throughout the entire thing now breathed a breath of relief. His name was cleared, and with Demitrey showing up, it could only mean that he had the chance to rip Maynard apart, piece by piece. Aaron had already felt ready to tear Maynard apart from the moment Adelina declared that his name was cleared. Feeling thankful, Aaron sent a quick look to Adelina, who at that moment looked his way, and she gave him a firm nod before she turned her attention back on the green eyed monster. Then Aaron looked at Melanie and felt his heart palpitate at the sight of her. It seemed she had recovered from the shock of Bertha being the traitor at the sight of the Alpha. And even if she did not fully recover, she did well in keeping her emotions in check, just like her father had taught her. Aaron admired her picture with pride.

She looked absolutely radiant, and he wanted to kiss her all over again. 

It's almost as if Melanie heard his thoughts, and sending a quick look his way, their eyes connected for a split second, and that's all Aaron wanted. He felt his heart skip a beat, and Melanie looked away, a slight blush settling on her cheeks. Aaron wanted to smile. Now he wanted nothing more than some alone time with his girl, but that would have to wait, so relaxing his shoulders, Aaron looked back at the advancing werewolves, and he decided to sit back for the show. 

Now a brand new wave of gossip and whispers began to make rounds in the throne room, though this time, the gossip was not based on conspiracies or rumors or the trial details. This was a gossip of caution. Vampires were whispering to each other, and looking between themselves and the sudden growth in the number of werewolves. What shocked them the most however, was the moment when the Alpha of the Red Moon Pack stood next to his Luna, and their Beta and Omega each stood at the couple's side, and the Luna appeared just as powerful as the three men, if not more. They suddenly realized, Adelina was in fact Roland's daughter. Nothing hindered or smothered her power, not even the entrance of a powerful Alpha male. This terrified the members of the clan more than they were willing to admit. 

And now, some members of the council found themselves admiring the young Luna and half vampire princess. Others down right feared her, while a number simply nodded in respect for the Luna amongst themselves. Whether she knew it or not, Adelina had won every present member of the clan, just by being who she is. 

"What is the meaning of this?" Maynard demanded, as if forgetting that this was not his court room, but Melanie's. However, Melanie was not bothered by his question, in fact she figured this would be the same question on everyone else's mind, so Melanie stood and when she did so, the room ran silent.