l i t t l e f a l l e n

edens perspective

edens perspective

One day when Eden was eight, Aphrodite left Olympus.

Usually when this happened Aphrodite would return in a matter of days.

And usually she could never tell Eden what it was for.

But this time when she said goodbye Aphrodite turned to the young girl and kneeled down.

"I will be back in three weeks time, Apollo is going to be looking over you."

She stopped for a minute, looking at the girls crystal eyes which reminded her too much of Eros.

She licked her lips, "Don't be scared of this world Eden, when I come back I shall have all the answers to keep you safe."

She brushed the brunette hair out of the young girls face and kissed her forehead, then she was gone.

Of course when Aphrodite came back no information was shared to Eden. Even if it was she was eight, what would it have mattered to her?

But Aphrodite did in fact bring something from the outside. It was a chapter book.

The first chapter book ever to be touched by Eden, she adored it.

That very same copy of "Alice in Wonderland" still sits on her shelf to this day.

Her wings always made her feel a bit like Alice.

Lost and didn't fit in.

Of course she was surrounded by everything magical on Earth but nobody else had those very same wings.

Nobody else had her very same story.

So she developed skills that made her feel fit in.

Reading, writing, painting, music.

She would say archery but that was all pure natural talent.

Over time the brushes that painted normal girls without wings starting adding little tuffs of crème, or yellow, or blue to the squares of their shoulders.

Whenever she was alone she would fly and grace through the days.

The only thing she didn't appreciate about her wings was their connection to her father.

They were a constant reminder of her abandonment.

She still wondered to this day why he left her floating in a cloud.

Maybe she would never know.

Eden put the finishing touches on her makeup.

Pearls and sparkles brightened her eyes. Glossy lips made her face look regal. Ethereal.