Chapter I - The King

Darkness in the night embraces the forest of the Southern kingdom, the Moon is at it's service to light the path of whoever dare to explore it. Silence will make you shiver to your spine to anyone brave that passes.

A rushing sound and a panic breathing can be heard, a cry from a running barefooted female engulf this silence.

"run as much as you can!" the female said to herself while running for her dear life, she regret not listening to her mother to not venture the forest at night. she was intrigue to why the forest is forbidden when the sun goes down.

"Haa...Haaaa...Haa...Haaaa" her breathing is becoming irregular due to exhaustion, she had no idea for how long she has been running. because of the little light in the forest she did not notice a root from a tree sticking out and she stumble by it.

"ughmm" she groan. she tried to stand up but a very sharp clawed hand held her foot.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" she screamed wiggling and kicking to free herself from the creature that holding her foot. she cannot fully comprehend how to  describe this creature. she has never in her life seen anything like it. A human but not a human that is the only description she can see, red eyes focus on her, pointed nose sniffing her,  tongue long enough to reached his eyebrow licking her foot, fangs gracing her skin as if tasting how her flesh will taste like,  his spine bone was sticking on his back skin, arms and legs longer than any average human.

"little girl, you smell so good, i wonder how your blood and flesh will taste like hmmm...." the sinister voice from the creature. the creature was slowly pulling her in.

"Please.... pleasee... Don't" she beg

"don't worry little girl, i will make it as painless as possible. HAHAHAHA!" the creature drag the female deeper in the forest.

"Help!!Helllllppppp!... Please somebody, anybody! helllllp!" she cried louder.

the creature stopped under a a thousand year old tree.

"I like the way you scream little girl, it makes me want to devour you slowly" the creature mock her.

the female cried even more and  closed her eyes and prayed for someone, somehow save her. she felt the creature hovering her, licked her neck and nip it. she sobbed louder.

"I was right! you taste so good, " come from the creature. "You taste like over riped grapes, it's intoxicating, i must be lucky, for your stupidity , next time little girl listen to your elderlies, oh my mistake there will be no next time for you, HekHekhek!" the female sobbed more.

the creature opened his mouth to take bite of the female. but froze midway when heard someone.

"Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food?" A shadow spoke from above the tree. The female opened her eyes and saw a man jumped from the tree.

the creature jump away from the female and took a fighting stance, the female thanked all the gods and goddesses for this man and move her body backwards.

"How dare you interrupt my rare feast! you're a brave boy!" the creature growls. "i do not take pleasure in feasting a man but you will still satisfy me. i must be really lucky!" the man showed no fear in hearing this.

they move in circle slowly waiting for who ever going to make a move first. the female sobbed as she watched the events playing infront of her.