Fan Theory #1: Why Virgil hates Deceit (sanders sides)

Date: 11/14/20
Time: 1:34 AM

So, in the Sanders sides fandom, it's kind of a thing that Virgil hates Deceit. In the healthy distractions video when Deceit took back his hat, Virgil went as far as hissing at him, saying that this was his natural reaction. Deceit has the same general disregard for Virgil, but Virgil saves a particular loathing for Deceit. Why? The two are complete opposites.

First of all, what does Virgil do? He's Thomas's anxiety. He worries about others' opinions and criticizes Thomas constantly, but he's doing his part to keep Thomas (and his relationships) together. In the two-part video, we saw what happened without Anxiety. Thomas was a mess.

Now, what does Deceit do? He's selfish. He's not afraid to lie  to and manipulate others fpr Thomas's sake. He's considered the worst of all sides, and this is why a lot of people have Patton as his opposite. But what does he exist for? Thomas's self-preservation. He assures Thomas and twists the truth to make it  seem like Thomas is not to blame for situations. He even said, and I quote from the Selfishness v. Selfishness video, "I only want the best for Thomas." He is Thomas. He is a part of Thomas. He wants the best for himself.

So the two cancel each other out, with Virgil criticizing Thomas's decisions while worrying about his relationships and Deceit assuring him that it's all good, Thomas didn't really say he was gonna pay back that 50 bucks to his friend.

Look at them. They even have contrasting colors. Purple and yellow.

(also I'm gonna post this on reddit at some point so this!! isn't!! plagiarism!!)