My Love, My Life

I woke up feeling tired. Once I opened my eyes, all I see are white walls and a monitor beside me.

Where am I?

As soon as I stood up, Jeong Hyeok came in. I smiled the moment I saw him and tried to hug him. But... he walked past me. He didn't see me.

As I turned around, I saw why.

There, lying on the bed, wearing a hospital gown, looking very weak... me.

"The accident caused head injuries. I'm sorry, sir. She's in a comatose stage."

Ri Jeong Hyeok leaned weakly on the side of my body once he heard the news from the doctor. Shocked. Surprised. Sad. Hurt.

"She's going to wake up, right? There's still a chance she'll wake up. She'll survive this. She'll survive."

Days had passed and my body is still not waking up. I go around with Jeong Hyeok leaving my body on that bed.

There are no changes about my condition even after those days but Jeong Hyeok is not giving up... until one night.

"Yoon Se-Ri, are you still going to wake up? I'm waiting for you."

He held my hand while tears are falling down from his eyes.

"Are you having a hard time now? Does it hurt too much? Could you still make it?"

I was crying while hearing those questions. I need to fight for my life.

"Yoon Se-Ri, I love you. I will always love you. Please remember that...

.

.

.

You... may... let... go... now..."

He sobbed. I sobbed.

I don't want to give up. I need to wake up. I won't leave you, Ri Jeong Hyeok. I'll survive. Please don't give up. Why are you giving up?

I immediately went to my body trying to be back in. I was trying hard to feel every part of it again. But it doesn't work.

"I'm scared for my life, Se-Ri..."

Those words came out from his mouth. I'm more worried than being surprised. I looked at him and realized, if I die, he might not be able to make it. He might be so lonely and not be able to go back doing what he normally do. I'm scared he'll get depressed and hurt himself.

With all the dedication and strength I have in myself, I tried to get in once again.

"Yoon Se-Ri?... Se-Ri?... Did... your fingers... just moved???"

He was surprised.

Then, I can slowly open my eyes again and see that surprised smile on his beautiful face. I made it.