Chapter One

Here we go!

________________________________________________

_Louis_

I sighed nervously as I fiddled with the headphones dangling from my ears- this year had to be better. It just...had to be. I honestly don't think I could handle any more pain. Physically or emotionally. The bus pulled to a stop in front of the high school I had come to hate, and the butterflies in my stomach got worse. I think I might be sick. I slowly got off the bus, ducking my head so as not to be seen.

But still I had hope- this year we had a new student. Rare, in this town. Even more rare, is that fact that he is openly homosexual. His first and biggest mistake yet. Trust me, I knew from experience- the people I had  thought were my life long friends up and dissapeared pretty quickly when you suddenly don't quite fit in with the status quo. Harry....was the first to go, and the reason my life was such hell...

Ironic, since he was also the reason I had come out about my sexuality...I had known I loved  him- a scary thing to deal with when I was twelve. I guess I understand why he ran away from me that day. What I don't understand is how someone I had known to be so caring, and understanding, and loyal to a fault, could turn around and be the reason I had no one, or nothing.

"LOUISSSS!!!!" Someone said, tackling me onto the grass- hard. 

Well, that's not completely true- I still had my Nialler.

"Hey Ni." I groaned, shaking me head to get the stars out of my eyes. He never has been the quite normal type- but thats why I loved him (as a friend) so much. He kept me....happy. Alive. 

"I'm so sorry I went away this summer and left you pal! I missed you so much! Five bucks said you did fuck all without me here, am I right or am I right?" He said with his Irish accent. I pushed him off me and tried to get up. 

"Not true! I got a job..." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Lou! How are you going to get more friends than just me if you don't make a name for yourself in the world! You need to go to parties, BE FREE LIKE THE WIND!" He said exhuberently.

"Oh piss off!" Someone walking by said, making me snort with laughter. Niall had the incredible innocent confidence of a five year old, that never died down as he got older, even though he got picked on and ignored constantly. If it wasn't for the fact that the most popular kid in school hated me more than he hated Niall, he would be biggest loser in school. Even if he wasn in my shoes however, I have no doubt in my mind he would still be his chipper, happy go lucky, leprachaun self. 

"Well that was rude...." He muttered grumpily, making me laugh even more. I flung my arm around his shoulder and we headed for the front steps of the school.

Not even two steps later, I felt my body being ripped away from my best mates, as I got flung onto the hard ground- again. This time, it was a lot less friendly. 

"Get the fuck off Niall- he's gay enough as it is, no need to make it worse for him." Zayn said, shoving Niall towards the school, while he blocked my way. I heard before I saw footsteps behind me and beside me, and new that my annual welcoming party of Zayn Malik, Liam Payne (quite a fitting last name if you ask me), and Harry Styles  had found me already. Great. I saw Nialls head pop up over Zayns shoulder with a worried look on his face as he bit his bottom lip. He knew he couldn't do anything to stop them really, and was silently asking me what I wanted him to do. If I asked, he would jump in this circle and get his ass kicked with me, but there was no point in having that happen- Niall did enough for me as it was. 

I sighed, getting up and dusting myself off dejectedly, knowing this wasn't going to end well. I waved Niall away, telling him to get to class. He didn't go right away, still debating with himself. 

"Listen to your faggo friend Niall." Liam seethed at him, making Niall take a step back. He looked at me apologetically, but turned and went to class as the bell rang. 

"So where've you been faggot? Couldn't seem to find you at all this summer." Harry asked me. I turned towards him, and honestly stopped breathing. Every year. Every god damn year he got better looking while I....his once best friend, got worse. His skin was tanned from the summer he spent partying at beaches in Hawaii, his hair perfectly curled, his eyes....damn. The best shade of green that ever existed, I swear. I suddenly felt extremely self ocnscious, and had to look away. 

"Well that's rude, when someone is talking to you, you should at least look at them." Zayn smirked. "I personally can't stand rudeness...you Liam?" He asked rhetorically.

"Not at all." He grabbed my arms, while Zayn pushed up his sleeves. I felt panick surge through me as I squinted my eyes shut. I really, really don't like getting punched in the face this early in the morning. I could hear them snickering, probably at how much I was uselessly struggling, when I heard the sound of a blessed voice. 

"HEY! What do you all think you're doing! Get to class!"  shouted Mr. Finely, our princepal. Liam and Zayn instantly listened, backing off and glaring at me before heading to the doors. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and melted at Harry's touch. Even after all these years...I still loved him. No idea why- the memories of the friend I had are not the same as the ones I see of him now. Still...

"Hey Lou..." He said, making me instantly turn around. I felt a deep pain in my stomach and I dropped to the ground, biting back a groan of pain. Damn, I hadn't even seen his fist coming. "That's for ignoring me all summer."

I stayed there for a moment, trying to catch my breath, before heading into the school. Honestly, why had I thought anything would be different? Always. This was my life always. Just because a new kid to pick on came to town, didn't mean my life would suddenly be easier. How could I think that way? Why would I even bother getting my hopes up like that.

Everything, was always the same.

_________________________________________________________________

Sorry this was so short- I really gotta get to school now ahah, I'll write more tn,  maybe post another chapter tomorrow!