Chapter 4: Note

Ann,

This is me, Doug. I dropped my phone but I couldn't get it back because I couldn't turn around. I had to get away so I'm writing letters and sticking them everywhere I can find. Someone was here earlier. They tried to kill me. Please don't mind the blood. They tried to take me and turn me into one of those things at the hospital, but everything went to hell and then people started trampling over everyone to escape when they caught on to what was happening.

I'm so glad that you couldn't make it there that night. What I saw was horrifying. The things, those people that are left after they were replicated from their original person, are not people. I saw a little girl try to escape but they caught her by her loose gauze and then stabbed her to death with surgical equipment. They were killing everyone. Young, old, sick, and healthy. I guess they dropped the guise that they were trying to help us, sick people.

They're coming. They're coming for me, they're coming for you, they're coming for everyone. You bet that after I got a fresh pair of lungs I practically busted them in getting here. I tried to contact Alex earlier by trying to blend in with them at some party. No one was having fun. They brought out a keg and a few people were drinking and smoking, but no one was talking with each other.

It was creepy. You know who they are when you can see how weird they act. Don't trust anyone, Ann. Alex is likely already dead. If you've gotten this far you sadly already know this though. I'll leave you this letter and maybe you'll see it if you're out there still but I have to move on. I'm so sorry. I'm going to Bury county. It's supposed to be safe down there, I don't know. I hope you're okay wherever you are, sis.

To anyone else who may be reading this, I hope you are okay. In all fairness, the only reason that I wrote this was on the slim chance that my twin sister would know that I am still here. So, let me introduce myself.

My name is Doug, and you don't need to know what I do for a living. You wouldn't want to know me. The most fucked up thing about this whole situation is that I have been enjoying it. I can't help it, I needed to take the edge off killing these freaks of nature. You might know how it is, I don't know.

I survived that hospital with scars that will not heal, but they are deeper than skin. They are on the inside, and I fear that I will never be the same again. Even someone such as myself can admit that the last few days have been insanity and I hope that this nightmare ends eventually.

If I do not find my twin, I don't know what I will do. I don't know if I will be strong enough to survive in the world without her. Twin ESP, don't let me down now!

- Doug