Chapter Thirty-Four

Marc's POV-

Before I finished my question, the line went blank. God damn.

I ran up the stairs and to my room. I pushed the door open, knocking down a frame on the wall. I threw clothes out the closet, finding myself something to wear.

"Marc, what's going on?" Gianna yelled.

"It's Emelyn. S-she's in the hospital." I yelled back.

"What why? She's due in two months right?" She asked.

I just ignored her while I changed and did everything I needed to. Then I ran back to the nursery.

"Yes Gianna she is but I don't know what's going on. Listen, you stay here and please finish this up.." I begged.

"Y-yeah yeah sure thing. Y-you go ahead and go but be careful while driving. I love you." She replied, sounding a bit worried.

"Love you too. I'll call you if anything happens." I said, kissing her head and sprinting down the stairs.

On my way to the hospital, of course all I could think about was the worst case scenario. Lia sounded extremely worried and her tone just added to this anxiety. Emelyn losing the baby was all that ran through my head. All these thoughts and emotions began making me feel extremely emotional and scared.

"God please, I know that I'm not the perfect guy. Actually, I'm far from perfect but please, I'm begging you, let that baby be alive. Let her be healthy and also let her mom be perfectly fine as well. Let this all be a small scare. God you sent her to us, now please don't take her away, please."

I prayed all the way until I got to the same old hospital that I've been to before. I parked and ran inside to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm looking for Emelyn Valenzuela." I told the receptionist.

"Valenzuela....Mmmh, looks like she is in Labor and Delivery sir." She smiled.

Her smile quickly faded away when she saw my face drain from its color. I slammed the desk and ran towards that section of the hospital.

Gianna's POV-

"Hey where's Marc?" Neymar asked.

"Maybe if you didn't take so long in the bathroom, you would know.." I teased.

"Seriously babe.." He nagged.

"He went to the hospital. Emelyn's friend called and told him that he should head over there." I yawned.

"Woah is everything okay with her? You know pregnancies have unexpected complications right?" He worried.

"I honestly don't know...Maybe I should call." I suggested.

I got up to grab my phone from across the floor but Junior stopped me.

"Wait until he calls.." He suggested.

"But what if..." I frowned.

"We'll know when he calls." He implied.

I sat back on the floor and looked down. I couldn't help but thing of the bad things associated with that call. Emelyn having a miscarriage was the main thing on my mind.

"Let's just finish this so when Marc comes home he'll be somewhat happy." Neymar coughed, pulling me away from my negative thoughts.

Marc's POV-

As I got to the Labor and Delivery reception area, I began talking really fast and breathing hard, making it hard for the lady to understand me.

"Emelyn...Valenzula..." I said between breaths.