Chapter 34. Christmas Year Three ☾

A/N: HEY GUYS SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE BUT HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER...XOXO

Harry looked at all the wrapped presents on his bed. He had a book on astronomy for Draco, awizarding romance novel for Hermione, and chocolate and a book on care of magical creatures (it was the newest edition written by Newt Scamander that had an entire section praising werewolves) for Remus. Merlin! I need to get more interesting friends Harry thought to himself as he looked at all the books he had wrapped. He then took the chew toy he had gotten for Dragon and the stuffed dragon he got for Draco and thought about what he was missing. Only have to get that necklace and music crystal for Luna... wait! Wasn't I going to look for something for Professor Snape. I have a feeling he thinks I'm taking his gifts for granted. But what should I get him? Harry thought for a few more moment and then decided he needed Remus to take him to Gringotts for more money. He could look in Diagon Alley for something for the Professor. He walked down the hall, Dragon following at his heels, to Remus' living quarters.

Harry knocked on the portrait and waited. Remus opened the door and smiled when he saw his visitor.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" He asked jokingly, motioning for Harry to come in. He pet Dragon on the head in greeting, and Dragon accepted with pleasure, licking the hand petting him.

"Remus, can you take me to Gringotts? I underestimated the cost of Draco's present and don't have enough with me to buy what I want for Luna. I also wish to look for something for Professor Snape. The past two years he gave me something for Christmas and even gave me a birthday present this year. I also need your opinion to what would be appropriate seeing as he is my professor." Harry explained.

Remus smiled. "That's very kind of you, Harry. Can I ask what he gave you? It might help to see what you should give him in return. As for Gringotts, I can ask Professor McGonagall. I should think my taking you would be alright, but I don't want to overstep my bounds." Remus explained. Harry nodded in understanding.

"Uh... Professor Snape gave me a book that my Mother had given him. It was a fourth-year charms textbook that had belonged to mum. He also gave me a journal, a picture of mum, and a 'Potions for Dummies' book." Harry listed. Remus chuckled at the last item.

"He would, wouldn't he?" Remus shook his head and smiled, "Well, obviously, he will be looking for something with more sentiment, or perhaps a 'Quidditch for Dummies' book. You could find both, of course, but I would recommend the sentiment, not the joke." Remus informed. Sirius whined. It was if to say, 'You take all the fun out of it, Moony.' "Let's go see Minerva, then, shall we?" he continued.

They walked to the Transfiguration teachers office. Remus told Harry stories of how they would be constantly trying to outwit their professor and prank her. Seemingly, it had only worked a few times. Remus' pranks were the only shenanigans thought out enough for them to not get caught, but he only would play them if the Marauders begged him on their hands and knees. The rest of the time he was only along for the ride.

They arrived at the Professor's office. Remus knocked on the door before entering.

"Minerva." He greeted.

"Remus, and Mr. Potter. What brings you here?" She inquired

"Harry here still hasn't finished all his Christmas shopping and wishes to go to Diagon Alley to get money and any last-minute gifts. He asked me if I could take him. I said it should be alright but that I should ask you, since you are his head of house." Remus clarified with a charming smile. She looked contemplative for a moment.

"Oh, alright." She started carefully. "But if you see any sign of Black or trouble, then you are to bring him back immediately, whether shopping is done or not!" she enforced upon him strongly.