Caged

A lost young boy found himself in a mansion deep in the forest. He wanders inside, it was old and painted white. The floor was covered in leaves, dust, and broken glass, the walls were filled with stray plants, windows broken, and there were little to no furnitures, all of which is covered by white cloth.

Every step he took made a creaking sound but none were noticed by the dazed woman sitting infront of an open yet broken window. The woman had pale skin and blond hair. She was thin but she looked enchanting sitting alone on a wooden chair carved with flowers.

The boy felt a soothing yet lonely feeling coming from the woman.
As the wind outside flutters the drapes inside making them swing as if they were dancing, the boy was taken aback and accidentally stumbled. The noise made was quiet but even the woman felt it.

She slowly turned her head towards the boy and gazed emptily with her blue eyes.
"... a boy?"

The boy got anxious, thinking that she would probably chase her out but instead the woman smiled.

It was faint but enough for the boy to notice.

"Isn't it lonely?"
Words that the boy accidentally blurted out and immediately covers his mouth.

No sound was made but it wasn't an uncomfortable feeling.

The woman then turned her head outside the window and said...
"It is indeed quite lonely..."

The boy was surprised by the woman's reply.
He didn't expect her to answer him straight forwardly.

"Where are your family then?"
He asked.

"Hmmm...
I don't know?" The woman replied in a mischievous tone.

The boy felt irked by her tone.
"If its lonely then why don't you go outside?"

"...
It's been quite a while since I went outside... I forgot what it feels like..."
She replied.

"Its not really anything special but it feels really good in the sea during summer!" said the boy.

"It has also been quite a while since I last visited the sea..." The woman uttered with nostalgia.
"I remember playing in the sand back then, building sand castles and collecting seashells."

"Yeah! I even brought a big shell back home!" The boy said in an excited tone.

"I see" she chuckled "it's quite nostalgic"

Their stories went on for a while until the boy yawned.
He seemed to be sleepy, waving his head back ad forth as he tries to talk excitedly about his adventures, it was cute.

"You seemed to be tired, why don't you go home for the day?"

"I'm not tired!..." he said with droopy eyes.

"Fufu" she chuckled with amusement "If you come back tomorrow then we could continue our conversation"

The boys eyes glimmered with anticipation.
"I'll be sure to come back tomorrow and bring my big seashell!"

"Then I'd be looking forward to seeing it" she said with a smile.

Both then bid their farewells to each other.

As promised, the boy brought his big blue seashell with him along with his many wondrous stories.

The boy would never fail to come by every day on the same time during the afternoon and leaves when the sun starts to go down.

Days passed without them noticing, leaves gradually started to turn in a variety of colours mostly in the shade of yellow and red. The air became colder and leaves naturally started to shed.