Summer Jobs

Veronica and I are 2 best-friends and have been since we were 4. We are now 14 and never thought of jobs. One day I felt like getting a job would make me feel more responability. I brought it up to Veronica and she loved the idea of being able to make her own money by herself. We made a list of places we would like to work at, It mainly consisted of supermarkets like Publix and Winn-dixie. We applied to a lot of places and went to all the interviews. We both got accepted at Publix. We started working that week, We started off easy in the back opening boxes and organizing the items. We made tons of great memories. We had so many laughs. Our parents loved the idea of us working. But one day halfway through our first month I found out i had to leave town for the rest of the summer. I didn't wanna tell Veronica because she would have been devastated. A few days later i finally told her and she was a little upset but understood. I didn't want to leave so we came up with so many reasons and ways i could stay.

The day i had to leave was coming quicker than we expected and we gave up on finding ways. We just cherished the moments we had left together. Then Veronica had an amazing idea and I loved it. We told my father the idea Veronica had which was that I could stay with Veronica and her mother for the rest of the summer. My dad agreed because he saw how much i wanted to stay and how much i would fight for it. Veronica's mother said it was okay for me to stay. Deep down i always knew she would say yes since i was like her 3rd daughter. The day my dad left made me sad since my birthday was the next day but Veronica being the good friend she is helped me celebrate and stay happy. That Summer was one of the best Summers yet. We had a lot of memories. Like the one where I accidentally broke a box and broke all the cans. We laughed about that one all summer. At the end of the summer we made a memory box for the next summer job we got. We overcame so much that summer and it made us stronger as friends and as individuals.

A/N- I was inspired to write this because Sarah and Veronica had problems they overcame a lot like Lex( Played by Jules Leblanc) and Presley( Played by Jayden Bartels). they had to find a way to get a job to pay off their debt to the principal. They overcame the obstacles of each jobs together and they became stronger together. Good luck to all the other contestants. To anyone it concerned these are not the real names of the people